Mini Report

bicephalic

Johnnyb and I got a chance to do some cold weather walleye and bass fishing yesterday up just north of Bracebridge. Ignoring the looks of friends and family who thught we were crazy we headed up Saturday night after work, and left the wives snoring at the cottage Sunday morning.

After the second or third trolling run, we stopped to do a weed check, and cast around a small weedbed we drifted across while setting up for the next line, and this nice little guy slammed my bait:

IMG00360_20081026_0943.jpg

An honest 15 1/2 inches (and a close 16 if measured creatively!)

One coffee break, and a quite a few rain drops later, johnnyb picked this lovely 18incher up as we trolled a line across the same weedbed:

IMG00362_20081026_1430.jpg

Despite the weather, and the slow bite this was a great time. Fishing this late in the season is new to me, but I'm already trying to squeeze another trip in before ice closes in.

Sorry for the grainy pics, all I took was my cell given the weather conditions.

B

Edited by Bicephalic

Well at least you were smart and left Jessie in the cottage.... as she would have shown you how to find them! LOL

Good stuff guys...

I see you haven't successfully blocked out those painful memories, Wayne :P Luckily for us, it was just a bit too cold and wet for Jess to work her evil charms on the walleye. Although she's already talking about a make-up voyage a couple weeks from now.... :whistling:

Thanks for puttin up the report, and putting up with me, cousin...I'm glad we got a chance to get out there, AND get you your first of what will hopefully be many tasty walleye :thumbsup_anim:

Well at least you were smart and left Jessie in the cottage.... as she would have shown you how to find them! LOL

Heh - yeah she did that to John I believe on our last Pike trip... :rolleyes:

Thanks for puttin up the report, and putting up with me, cousin...I'm glad we got a chance to get out there, AND get you your first of what will hopefully be many tasty walleye :thumbsup_anim:

Yessir, thanks for having us up, and takin me out. Your suit dry yet? :D