Trolling Motor Transducer Install

Arnaldo de Sousa

Hi everyone, I have a Minnkota V2 that came with my boat, and wanted to put an older fish finder up front so I know what depth I'm running while using the trolloing motor.

I bought the bracket for the transducer and have it installed but I'm not quite certain how to run the cable to my unit.

If someone has done this could they give me a few tips on running the cable?

Thanks in advance

I did the same thing to mine....here's what you do.... tie wrap the cable to the foot of your TM where the shaft meets the motor....do the same on the top ...go over the powerdrive I've had mine this way now for 4 yrs and have had no problems...leave slack in the cord so that you don't collide with the powerdrive....or you can do it the right way and take the TM apart and drill a few holes one at the top of the tube and one at the bottom of the tube and cut, run and splice the transducer cord through the tube...seal up the holes with silicone...make for a headache... we did this to my friends TM... works fine... the only this that is different is that it looks better.

hope this helps...

:Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

RFS

cool Randy, I like the idea of having a clean look with no wires hanging around, but like arnaldo said it might be a winter project....I have to get a second graph anyways! lol I think I'm just going to get a second base/power/transducer/GPS receiver and bring my current graph/GPS combo back and forth....

cheers,

UF

ive installed my tranducer like randy has.....and have yet to have a problem.......just make sure you install the transducer to the bottom of the trolling motor......

some have mention plscing it at the bottom of the hull...i dont think it would work well on choppy days.....

good luck