Kemper's Jigs is back in business

kemper

Disclaimer: Kemper's Jigs is not actually a business, I am not trying to spam anyone...

I do however, like to catch steelhead. I also like to catch them on jigs, and last season I got tired of paying such high prices so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create my own. They worked fairly well, and this season I have decided to switch it up just a little with coloured glass bead heads on rabbit fur jigs. The rabbit is easier to tie and I think the coloured heads add a little something. To be honest I ran out of bead heads and went to my sisters glass bead box and robbed her. I apologise.

anyways here is two of my newest creations, I think the black with purple/white head is going to be killer this winter!

med_gallery_256_231_37130.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_34644.jpg

somewhere down that crazy river...

Looks good kemper! I want to see some results! LOL

because its a "jig" does it have some weight to it? or is it generally weightless, somewhat like a roebag, that would float and drift naturally?

Im asking because my general notion of jigs are usually way bigger and are usually lead or steel. Just wondering how they would apply to float fishing/drifting?

Ive been extremely interested with ur recent posts, and have found myself trying to get into this float fishing.

Cant wait to see some reports from you Kemp!

Thanks

exactly,

pin thru the hole in the bead and tied onto the hook.

They are slightly weighted, just enough to keep them from floating up . I run a float with a shot pattern similar to that used with roe and float all the same places.

I find the jigs KILLER is fast water when roe just doesnt seem to be producing. I never had a lot of confidence in my jigs until last season when I forced myself to only bring the jigs and no other bait. Had a banner day and they have been producing ever since.

Edited by kemper