Salmon Fishing Ashbridge's Bay

Jet

Hello fellow anglers.

Has anyone fished for Salmon over the past week (from Oct. 6) at Ashbridge's Bay and if so what luck have you had?

I ask because I was there all weekend fishing and did not get one hit, and not only myself but also the 6-plus other anglers left without a single hit. The fish however, were jumping all over the place, with some swirling literally within 5 feet, yet would not hit.

Some people were using spoons but most had roe bags like myself.

I find the lack of hits strange because before the weekend I was at the Humber and within 20 minutes 2 out of the 3 guys in my view landed 20+ pounders, yet at Ashbridge nothing was biting.

Does anyone here have an idea/explanation for the lack of action? My guess is that it is still early for Salmon that spawn in the Bay habit because they have immediately reached their spawning grounds, unlike their river counterparts who must travel a good distance, and are just hanging around and will mark their territories within the next week and a half and then start hitting.

But if anyone has been there or can shed some light as to why the Salmon aren't hitting at Ashbridge, it would be educational and much appreciated.

-J

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm going to head out Thursday and see if things change. I did get a hit last Thursday, but it spit the hook within 10 seconds which leads me to believe it was a half-hearted hit.

But it is so weird that they are circling all in front of me two feet away, yet won't hit. Hopefully things are better this weekend!

Lining doesn't work much if there aren't alot of salmon around. If you aren't even getting bumps then there aren't alot of salmon around

Try throwing some wobbling diving bass lures like a Wally Diver, Big-O or Rattling Spot. I've had good days on dark salmon with those.

Thanks guys for all the timely responses. Just got back from Ashbridge and indeed they are hitting the pivoted rattling raps and cleos. Now I hope my luck turns for the better!

Cheers!