Ice Fishing

Wencell

Hi all, I'm planning an ice fishing trip for 5 this year and not too sure on my choice. I was thinking of Lake Scugog. Anyone ever been ice fishing there?? how is it? and how are the huts? I only ask because i have been reading some forums and every single one i read was bad. I have been trying to find a good spot to go willing to travel 1-2 hours north of Toronto but hard to find on the internet. If anyone has any info for me that would be great! or if anyone has had a great experience with a place i would love to hear it. Thanks for reading.

Take the extra drive to Lake Nip and make a weekend of it. The 6 man sleeper cabins are a blast!

agreed! you wont regret that decision at all! and if you don't want t6o go that far, Simcoe would be your best bet.

I love ice fishing scugog, but i would never rent a hut there... it's not worth it in my opinion. i've got a hand auger, and i'm on good fishing grounds within a 5 minute walk... no need to rent a hut in that situation. besides... the best fishing times on scugog are 1 hour before dark through to one hour after dark... then there is a decent morning bite... but other than that... you'll be getting mostly dink perch for the rest of the day...

Lake simcoe, without a question. Its closer and the fishing is more consistant then on Nip. I caught so many lakers last year on simcoe it was rude and that doesnt count all the big whities. GET A GOOD GUIDE, and you'll have a blast.

Scugog is hit and miss, heres the man to talk to as far as huts go, tell him Joonmoon sent ya...Terri 705-328-3085. Depends on species of fish you're after but for lots of action I would go to Simcoe. Perch will feed all day, might have to move around a bit. Nip is farther away obviously but nothing compares to a weekend in an ice bungalow. Good luck and just do what I do....do them all... :thumbsup_anim:

Take the extra drive to Lake Nip and make a weekend of it. The 6 man sleeper cabins are a blast!

Although I live a short drive from Simcoe, and fish it an awful lot in the winter, I find myself looking forward to the annual trips to Nipissing throughout the spring, through he summer and into the fall. You really can't beat a weekend out on the ice in a bungalow.

Checkout www.robhyattoutdoors.com - we have gone there 1 or 2 times per winter for the last 4 or 5 years, and have never been disappointed with the service or the fishing.

Darcy