Boys weekend at Chemong

Laker272

Well where do I start. Had a fantastic weekend with Dmac and Tempy. We got to the lake Friday evening in time for a little fishn action. It was only a few minutes into our first drift that Tempy hooked onto a descent largemouth. We all caught in that spot and went out a little deeper. I hooked into an18' eye and then Tempy boated an absolutely steller eye, this thing was a beauty. We decided to get back to the dock, just as we did the boat stalled out. I figured we were out of gas so I hunted down the marina operator and made arrangements to see him early the next morning to fill up.

When we got up and down to the boat she was sitting oddly low in the water. We lifted the doghouse to find the bilge area full of water. Flipped the bilge switch and nothing happened. Bilge pump is fried I guess. So we paddle a 23 ft water filled boat over to the gas dock where we through another pump in her and get the water out. Filled up with gas and headed out. I hope the rest of the day isn't a reflection of the morning.

It most certainly wasn't. It was a day filled with constant fish catchn' action. WE managed to catch seven species of fish, including: bluegill, perch, crappie, rockbass, smallies, largies, and walleye. I will post some photos and this is by no means all the fish caught. It had to be a 30+ bass day. Fished until about 6 or so and headed back in for a munch.

Sunday we got up and down to the dock to find the boat sitting low again. Not good. I must of bailed about 20 gallons of water out if not more. We fished through the heavy winds, and fast drift. Not much caught today but a great time anyways. I decided to pull the boat out of the water as it would be a submarine by next weekend. Upon further inspection while out of the water we found the source of the leak. A muskrat has made my outdrive bellow it's personal chew toy. Anybody got a shotgun?

In closing I just wanted to say big thanks to the boys for coming out and I had a great time chock full of fish and laughs.

Iam having troubles posting photos from my photobucket. It just keeps saying image uploading and not doing anything. That rotating circle is makin me dizzy. Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong? If you want to see the photos go to www.onthebog.com look under the Kawartha Lakes thread.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Hope you enjoyed viewing the photos, I sure enjoyed taking them

Thanks

Edited by Laker272

hey hey... look who finally joined OFC... hahaha. :thumbsup_anim::clapping: I've been telling Laker about this site for MONTHS... you had enough of FishOntario bud??? LOL :whistling::wallbash::rolleyes:

and for posting the pictures... when you're in there typing up your report, use the "insert image" button (which is under the Font drop menu), the button has a picture of the sun setting behind some hills... when you click on that a window will pop up... take the "Direct Link" from your Photobucket picture and paste it into the text box in that window... then press "ok"... that SHOULD work :thumbsup_anim: