Annual Stoney Lake trip "with the Boyz"

Fishn Technishn

Heading up to Stoney for our 17th annual "Male Bonding" fishing trip on the 13th.

Anyone have any comments on water levels/clarity/weed growth.

If you want to thow in some areas to try, that would be fine but I have quite a few "favourites" that work for me.

Will be targeting Musky but some of the boys will be after baitfish(bass, walleye etc , LOL).

Had great success last fall but with all the rain this summer was wondering what the lake is like now?

Also will anyone from the board be there at the same time-Sept 13th-20th?

Thanks,

FT

Come on, this is like pulling teeth! Surely SOMEONE can tell me what the water levels/clarity is like or even what the weed growth is like on Stoney Lake. I'll even settle for Clear Lake!!. I am not asking for your honeyholes...got lot's of my own. Just some general idea of what the water is like this year.

Where is Lew when I need him?? :Gonefishing: ...oh yeah that's right, he's "chasing the BIG ones in the West Arm".

FT

Where is Lew when I need him?? :Gonefishing: ...oh yeah that's right, he's "chasing the BIG ones in the West Arm".

FT

I only wish I was on the West Arm chasing the BIG ones right now FT, but unfortunately that doesn't happen for another 8 days yet.....can't wait :Gonefishing:

I can't offer anything 1st hand on Stoney as I haven't even been up there myself yet this year. Twice I've had a trip planned and both times it was cancelled due to severe lightning storms.

For the most part though, the other lakes in the area are in excellent shape this year with good water quality and excellent healthy green weed growth and I would imagine Stoney will be equally as good.

The musky fishing has been excellent all year with many fish boated and my most productive baits have been white Sledges over top of heavy cabbage and yellow/black Double "D"s in deeper water along the edges so you may want to give them a try in your spots too.

There's usually some good weed patches all around the islands near Hell's Gate and that could be a great place for you to start.

Wish I could offer more info but without being there this year I'm only guessing it'll be as good as the other lakes in the region.

Best of luck Bud and let us know how you make out :Gonefishing: