Any further results with the gulp alive?

MCTFisher9120

I remember for a few weeks there was a lot of talk about the gulp alive leeches and minnows. Has anybody used either of these baits throughout the summer and had any luck. The 3" leeches continued to catch me rockbass and perch. I also bought the 5"leeches. I have not tried them yet but i am curious as to how the bigger bait works. So how has the Berkly Gulp Alive been working out on the water this summer??????

Also take a look at 4 new gulp alive at BPS

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...__SearchResults

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

A good all around bait, but will never be my go to. I tried the minnow with good success, the 5" jerk baits have a nice action in the water pike and bass really like them, leeches I use with a float, so I panfish mainly take it, can't remember the other jug I bought. I just like that you can recharge them.

Do you remeber that video that Mercer had on his site, he took a jig head and sprayed it with alive. I did the same thing at my bass pond, caught 3 bass right off the bat.

Anyways, the bait is good.

Daniel

my partner used them prefishing for a walleye tournament last week in red lake. he caught 3 walleye in less than 10 minutes with his rod just leaning over the boat. he was using the 3'' emerald shiners. my father in law used the 5'' shiners and he said they worked great.

I had a group do a fly out one day in July, the morning was slow and in the afternoon i wanted to try something different so i found a couple reefs and put on the 5 inch leech on a jighead and drifted to the bottom of the reef from the top and every pass we hit bass after bass......it was a wild afternoon.....i caught 16 myself and i was the guide so my guests just had a blast.....lost count how many fish we hooked that afternoon....so they seem to work....caught a few walleyes on them this summer as well....so they definately work.....

Hawk

Aside from the liquid turning dark brown (which I mentioned in one of the other threads), on a recent attempt to try them again, I found the 4" minnows became quite stiff. I put one on the hook and drag it thru water and the minnow tail barely, if at all, wiggled. It's like a dead wood stick. I dont' have a new bucket of them to compare to so I don't know if it's originally supposed to be like that... but I doubt it.

I use both the 3" and the 5" for smallies. I drop shot them and they were working really well at the start of the year. Got some nice bass on both. I want to try the 5" for walleye. We'll see. I like most of the gulp stuff.

I have also caught fish witht eh 5" leeches. I would highly recommend that you drop shot them. I use a size 1 octopus hook with the 3" and a 2/0 octopus witht he 5".

Edited by Cudz

i forgot to mention that the one day me and another guide went out looking for walleye spots and all we had were the gulp minnows and they worked just fine.....Mac landed a 27 inch walleye that day......needless to say i caught a 19 inch bass and a 39 inch northern and Mac picked up a 42.5 inch northern but the last 3 werent on the minnow we caught them casting.....lol jus wanted to brag for a sec.....sorry guys

Hawk