Nipissing Bass Report

mattmacewan

Good Bass trip last night...out for a couple hours with nothing but topwaters...and two limits under two hours.

Highlighter was 15 inches and pretty chubby in the dark pics.

Was taking the boat out of the water this morning and it was nice and foggy so I figured I'd squeeze in a half hour fish with the morning coffee before I pull the boat out...

First couple minutes picked up a 23" sh**head casting an old skate into shore on a medium flex Sherwood hockey stick... first big sheeper I've caught up here and it was a very pleasant fight on the sherwood....

Few minutes later had a GREAT tussle with a bass - 18", 14" girth in the pics - what a nice fight.

I can't think of a better way to spend 45 minutes on the ole long weekend....

bass3.jpg

sheepsheadcomp.JPG

bass2comp.JPG

bass3comp.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

Very impressive smallies and in 45 minutes too! Those fish look like they have been eating extremely well!!!!Thanks for sharing!

Oh ya. Did you cut em open to see what they were gorging themselves on?

Edited by Johnny Bass

Sheaphead is great tablefare. Your fish is about the minimum size to keep however. The only meat to keep is the tenderloin on top of the fish everything else is not worth the effort. The taste is mild and the texture is similar to lobster. Dip in butter and you won'y be able to tell much difference.