Fished in the Muskokas

PatrickGG

Hooked up with Johnnybass to fish a lake in the Muskoka area the day seemed somewhat promising since the weather reported 15 K winds with Overcast "YEA OK!"

it was pretty sunny but the winds felt like 30K the overcast didn't settle in till about 3 o'clock, but on with our report we got out on the water between 6:30 and 7:00 and found a Shoal and worked it for about a hour and i picked up a nice wally

2807849427_656b5c438d_o.jpg

shortly after we decided to move on to some promising spots but for some odd reason fish did not hold once again a repeat of our last two trips :wallbash:

we pounded a few spots and there was one hook up of a 3 plus pound smallie that johnny lost beside the boat :wallbash: , shortly after i asked johnny if we can move and fish a area that i seen from the boat and off we went and shortly after i get a hit on my tube jig and got bite off "Pike!" So i throw a follow up a spinner bait and she hits it just a little guy

2807849523_117ca8bc5f_o.jpg

we caught a few more smallies and rock bass but nothing decent, we decided to search the lake some more and Johnny had a few more spots in mind and paid off shortly after we got there with some nice smallies

2807849673_d9e568f524_o.jpg

and another nice pig 3.12 on the scale

2808699784_3f51cbc913_o.jpg

after that it got cold again we fished the area for about a hour caught a couple of small fish and moved again this time looking for some largies

and i lost a huge smallie at least well over 4 pounds she spat the hook :angry: so we continued working the pads and Johnny hooks into a nice largie

2807849829_a9b7e207e1_o.jpg

i also plucked a small one out from under a log but it wasn't photo worthy, we moved on working the same area and i managed a decent smallie

2807849905_d8e195d65d_o.jpg

Now the tail of a tale, we decided to drag tubes to see if we can get some fish off the bottom we drifted over a spot and i get a huge hit i started realing in and i seen it was a pike and my tube was inhaled i thought for sure she was gonna bite it off so there i am off setting my drag giving her line and shortly after johnny does a great net job and helps me landing this pike, 8 pound test with no leader on a tube i am shocked we boated her

2807849977_90bdf2a7bf_o.jpg

The tale of a tail,somebody tell me what was trying to snack on this fish

2808700162_3cd4cc5d37_o.jpg

shortly after we started moving again, we worked docks and caught some many little smallies and rock bass i also lost another Pike that spat the hook and johnny caught another smallie

2808700196_84870bf895_o.jpg

The day worked out to be a pretty good day we worked a couple of spots on our way in but the wind and rain prompted us to make our way back sooner, this is our third time out that we both lost a big fish each :dunno: , it was a numbers day i guess, we caught some decent and alot of small ones and the weather was some what enjoyable i just hope i can get a 5 pound plus Bass before the end of the season maybe next time.

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Ya, had a pretty good time. My first spot didn't produce anything big other than the nice pickerel, caught on a tube. My second spot which is 100% guaranteed. Only produce a few small fish and lost a 3lber. WIERD! I have ALWAYS nailed numbers and size there.

Went to other spots that produced but not as good as in the past. But Patrick did lose a pig of a smallie!!The largies were no where to be seen(only caught 3) which is also strange. The most productive dock and diving platform were both beached and the cottage is for sale. I guess the guy got tired of telling people to stop fishing his docks.....

Over all it was windier than expected. Tried some newer techniques(to me).Caught my first wacky fish. Got my first fish drop shooting a wacky rig in 22 feet, but it was only a 1lb smallie. The wind did not allow us to cover a lot of water, but we still managed and had a great time. Looking forward to my next fishing adventure with Patrick!