Need Some Information / Advice Here Please?

Photoz

I'll be short & sweet on this one . . . . Friday I had cataract surgery . . . . it took about 20 minutes (after endlessly getting drops put in to freeze the eye) to do, I was awake . . . not even ANY discomfort! Before I left the clinic, I was told as the freezing came out, it would seem like I had something stuck in my eye, and I would experience 'SOME' discomfort. I was to wear sunglasses outside, and a plastic shield when sleeping. Well, the freezing came out . .. I felt like I had a handful of ground glass in my eye socket, and I experienced EXCRUCIATING pain for nearly 24 hours . . . and had an almost uncontrolable urge to rip my eyeball right out, to rid myself of the terrible 'scratching' sensation! The pain is now gone, I'm putting 4 types of eye drops (as directed) in the eye, every 6 hours, and must do this for 4 weeks?

Has ANYONE ELSE out there had cataracts done? What was YOUR experience? This doctor is well known, and has an excellent reputation . . . he runs a large clinic, and not only does hundreds of these surgeries, but laser eye surgery too? I've spoken to 2 others who have had this done elsewhere . ... it was simple, almost painless & they could see normally again almost immediately? All I can see is blurred shapes outta the affected eye, nearly 48 hours later.

Any info on YOUR cataract surgery would be appreciated . . . . salmon snaggi . . . er r r r FISHIN' time is fast approachin' in the Lake O. tribs!

I don't know about cateracts but i have had pices of steel taken out of my eye a couple times and the healing process sounds the same,,,drives you insane!! but it will get better,,,your eye's are the fastest healing of all body parts so just hang in there!

Nuts, this is what I gotta look forward to !! Last eye exam, no macular degeneration, no complications from my friend diabetes, but the start of cataracts.

Best of luck Photoz hope mine goes smoother someday

Bob

Like you Bob, I was told about 10 years ago that I would probably need an operation sometime before my opthamalogist retires...he was in his mid thirties then and I was 62...I have a checkup annually because of my type two diabetes but no word of an operation yet...my guess is that I will croak before he retires so I don't even think about it...but...I sure don't want to go through what my pal Photoz is suffering...Sheeeesh... :(