COLD FRONT CAME IN

bassfighter

The temp has been dropping, quite cool in the morning and cold at night less than 15 degrees. Constant rain and thunderstorm.

Has the Cold front been affecting your weekend fishing?

Todays weather a high of 20 degrees felt like Fall temp, some anglers are already thinking about Fall Salmon shore fishing. I am still very much into summer bass fishing.

I read the river fishing is probable more consistant than lake water fishing , with this constant change in temp, should drive the cold Blooded creatures crazy.

Spent what I could of the weekend trying to put people on fish, I wasn't very successful apart from some pan fish and a few SM. The weather made it hard as every time anyone tried to get out, it would start raining again. Winds shifting all over the place and a cold front sure can make it tough.

Still had a fantastic weekend though! Catching was tough but the company was incredable.

Might as well of put a closed sign on my favorite bass hole. I fished for 3 hrs to finally get one smallie yesterday. I was NOT leaving until I didn't have the reek of the white striped weasel on me..... Now, my record is still in tact. I sure earned that little fish though. Usually I have one in the first 3 casts there this year. It rained while I was there and even the rock bass stopped biting for a bit.

Tried the very spot where Marko caught all those smb's the other day and saw nary a sign of a basslike critter. Several very large carp, and a few smaller models, cruising around me but no bass at all. That water's shallow so it's not hard to see what's there with the right glasses on. Was wading down under the bridge to try the other spot when the skies opened up. With the rains I moved above the dam to stand under a willow tree and chuck weedless worms and plastic frogs at the lily pads. Again nothing. I know there were fish out there because something rather large splashed a few times just off the lily pads.

Couldn't get out yesterday as we were celebrating my Mom's 90th birthday with about 148 other folks.

Today the temps seem to have dropped even more. I'll try to get out to see what that brings, or takes away. Of course one can't catch fewer than zero fish, can one?

JF