Bass and Pike Report

PatrickGG

Hooked up with Bassfighter and his son on Monday to hit a lake North of Toronto for some Bass and pike, the fishing was slow but we managed a few good ones,

Bassfighter hooked into a pike in the weeds and pulled him out

Couple of quick pics and back in the drink

1006529ed8.jpg

1006530retr2.jpg

Shortly after we moved along the shoreline in search of some structure and managed

this nice Smallie

img0001zv0.jpg

img0003ne1.jpg

Shortly after i released the smallie a largie hit

img0004kb0.jpg

img00051zl3.jpg

img00061ov8.jpg

Through out the day was kinda of tough we worked all of our presentaions really slow i stuck with the tube jig most of the day

and did the occasional dragging and fan casting and caught a couple more 1 and 2 pounders we moved around and drifted through areas

with weed lines and humps the bite was really subtle they tapped once and you had to react fast or else they wouldn't come back for seconds,

near the end of the day we went back to where we had started in the morning and worked a shoal in 15 FOW dragging bottom and hooked into another decent smallie

img0014wi0.jpg

img0015dv7.jpg

The day turned out to be pretty good Joshuas son hooked into a decent pike over the 30 inch mark i think and fought very good and kinda stressed us out and we lost one due to trolling motor wrap up :(

Thank you Bassfighter for the day out on the water and hopefully we will hook up sometime soon.

Edited by PatrickG