Trailer lights?

Pigeontroller

Guest gbfisher

indicators or brake lights are the same bulb(filament) but sound like you have a bad ground or you have lost power on both left and right. You need a tester. Do your indicators work with the trailer not attached? if so it could then be your fuse. check the bulb filaments as well.

98% of trailer light problems are because of a bad ground. Make sure that it is good first. A bad ground can cause all different problems.

make sure that you have voltage at your plug on the vehicle when brakes applied inexpensive testers are available for that. you have to verify vehicle first then blame the trailer.

Have you tried it off of somebody elses vehicle. You could start with that and you won't need that tester.

What type of harness do you have? If it's a normal four connector, then the brown wire

is for the taillights, the green wire is the right turn, the yellow wire is the left turn and the white is the ground.

First make sure that your ground cable connection is clean from rust and corrosion where it's attached to the trailer...

If you have a power meter, then you can do a quick voltage test...When you put your brakes on the yellow and green wires should both have power to them...

Hope this helps...

Steve

Hey Dax, I had the same problem. I use a 7 round to 4 flat connector. Turns out it was 2 of my pins (the bent pins) on the actual truck mount that were not connecting. I took some sand paper and a screw driver, basically increased the gap as it was like they were pinched in a little too much. I replaced the fuses under the hood and bang, works like a charm now. I was told over and over again it was the ground, and in your case it might be, but thats how it was for me (not knocking everyone that said it was a ground at all, just saying, that mine wasnt).

Hope you find your problem and its something simple.