Okuma RANT

kemper

I am hearing that Shimano is not standing behind product the way they used to either.... It seems that in a tightening economy that having to replace rods constantly for people who can't stop slamming them in car doors is costing too much money.... Our local tackle shop owner is pretty embarassed that he can't get Shimano to replace more than a couple of rods that supposedly have a life time warranty....

Yup.. I am still waiting on a $100 rod I sent in LAST August.

No comment on the Shimano rods but have had very little isues with the reels.I had one low end baitcaster that would "slip" when I work heavy jerkbaits but still worked well as a trolling reel.The Diawa stuff is not all bad either.Sel that Okamau stuff till they work out the bugs.

Joe

Sel that Okamau stuff till they work out the bugs.

Joe

is it an american thing if you buy something that doesnt work you sell it to the next guy and let him get ripped off, you can come back on these comments all you want but both of you americans gave the same advice,SELL IT. I guess as long as you get your money back who cares about the next guy in line that you knew full well was buying a piece of crap from you, I guess thats the American way

is it an american thing if you buy something that doesnt work you sell it to the next guy and let him get ripped off, you can come back on these comments all you want but both of you americans gave the same advice,SELL IT. I guess as long as you get your money back who cares about the next guy in line that you knew full well was buying a piece of crap from you, I guess thats the American way

Sure it is!... but we're also smart enough to know that when you buy "used" you're buying someone else's problems... that's why we have the saying "Buyer beware". Why else would somebody be selling something like that? If it was worth a crap, they'd keep and use it!... or have you not figured that part out yet?

hmmm, truth hit home did it, all I did was point out the american way of thinking, doesnt matter who gets burnt as long as its not you, and than you all wonder Why :whistling:

Yup you sure figgered out all us Americans.Ask around here a bit and you will find that Dawg and I are always out to get someones money.Did you get enough attention yet?

Joe

BUYER BEWARE, what about havin a freakin conscience knowing the guy your rippin off worked hard for his money, yup I figured it a long time ago, if I bought a piece of crap, than I live with the fact that I got screwed, I dont look for the next guy in line and screw him.

Not sure how you figure its about getting attention, its telling the truth, it was your comments that its alright to pass a problem on to the next guy, knowinh full well that you are selling him a piece of crap, so our morals are way different I would file the pile of crap in the garbage and learn from that, you would rippoff your neighbor to get your money back, So great comments about buyer beware and all, and Green some guys sell stuff like that because they bought something better or have to much, not because their lookin to suckin the next guy, but hey some of us still feel its wrong to take advantage of others.

So I stated the facts about your comments, BOTH of you think it is alright to pass it on,YOUR WORDS NOT MINE, but hey feel free to attack me because you would rip someone off and I think its a bad thing.

I hope Kemper gets it worked out with Okuma, and if not I believe he would feel bad about passing it on to someone else. :canadian:

BUYER BEWARE, what about havin a freakin conscience knowing the guy your rippin off worked hard for his money, yup I figured it a long time ago, if I bought a piece of crap, than I live with the fact that I got screwed, I dont look for the next guy in line and screw him.

Not sure how you figure its about getting attention, its telling the truth, it was your comments that its alright to pass a problem on to the next guy, knowinh full well that you are selling him a piece of crap, so our morals are way different I would file the pile of crap in the garbage and learn from that, you would rippoff your neighbor to get your money back, So great comments about buyer beware and all, and Green some guys sell stuff like that because they bought something better or have to much, not because their lookin to suckin the next guy, but hey some of us still feel its wrong to take advantage of others.

So I stated the facts about your comments, BOTH of you think it is alright to pass it on,YOUR WORDS NOT MINE, but hey feel free to attack me because you would rip someone off and I think its a bad thing.

I hope Kemper gets it worked out with Okuma, and if not I believe he would feel bad about passing it on to someone else. :canadian:

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

*insert group hug emoticon here*

Nowhere in our posts did we say that Kemper should decieve the buyer if he should decide to sell the reel, and in reality... he would only recoop part of his loss. The reel may not work for him as a casting reel but may work for someone else as a trolling or drop shot reel.

As far as the "attacking you" thing goes... I would say we were only defending ourselves from your need to bash your neighbors to the south and to judge all Americans from the statements of just 2.

Have a nice day and try not to work yourself into another snit!!! ;)

I don't own an Okuma reel or an Okuma anything so I can't comment.

What I DID notice this morning though was that mike posted 20 or so posts to try to bury the Okuma thread. I think that's kind of a waste of pixels. One post to the Okuma thread with a simple apology would have been much more efficient, not to mention grown up.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Doesnt make it right, my point was it was the amercans who were giving the advice to ripoff the next guy. But hey if you think its alright to think like that, great, and if Im not mistaken isnt it liberal thinking that makes stealing and lieing acceptable, IF A MANS WORD IS NO GOOD,THAN WHAT GOOD IS THE MAN, hey but im out of touch with the new thinking SCREW OR BE SCREWED, but why do I care if you think its fine to ripoff others you have to live with yourself not me.

I am amazed how anyone can come out and speak against what I pointed out, Guys openly say to ripoff someone else, because you yourself got takin.

hmmm, truth hit home did it,

Uhm, nooooo, see ......you dont understand............i was just stating that i wasnt going to acknowledge your opinion or even dignify it with a response. See below

Dictionary: ignore (ĭg-nôr', -nōr')

tr.v., -nored, -nor·ing, -nores.

To refuse to pay attention to; disregard.

[French ignorer, from Old French, from Latin ignōrāre.]

ignorable ig·nor'a·ble adj.

ignorer ig·nor'er n.

Sorry, had to interrupt my ignoring you to explain the terminology

Why would I try and cover up a post with other posts, waht the hell kind of thinking is that.

I have noticed the guys who make alot of posts here can say anything they want and must be very wise because they know everything about everything, so with each post I feel myself getting stronger and wiser, all I need now is directions to lakxair or where ever the meeting of the greatest minds in fishing gather and I and only than can reach my ultimate goal of becoming a FISHING GOD.

Ya I know theres 40 people here who go to this M@G and they rule this board, but theres 1000 guys here that think its a freakin joke but hey keep us laughin.

If only I could have held out and been accepted by the the Lexair clan I could of been a somebody and the moderates would not attack me for havin morals,oh well crap trying to out post a group of freakin rednecks is a lot of work.LOL

Doesnt make it right, my point was it was the amercans who were giving the advice to ripoff the next guy. But hey if you think its alright to think like that, great, and if Im not mistaken isnt it liberal thinking that makes stealing and lieing acceptable, IF A MANS WORD IS NO GOOD,THAN WHAT GOOD IS THE MAN, hey but im out of touch with the new thinking SCREW OR BE SCREWED, but why do I care if you think its fine to ripoff others you have to live with yourself not me.

I am amazed how anyone can come out and speak against what I pointed out, Guys openly say to ripoff someone else, because you yourself got takin.

Nobody said anything about ripping anybody off in our replies, Kemper may have gotten burned for paying full price for the reel... but a slightly used reel such as that does have some value left in it... sounds like it may be a good candidate for parts.

Your amazement is amazing!!! :rolleyes:

...btw, can I borrow your Rose Tinted Glasses?

Went walleye fishing with my Okuma Stinson spinning reel yesterday. For a spinning reel that sells in the 50 dollar range, it's a fine reel. Very smooth, very tight (no loose parts), very quiet and an excellent clutch. I was using 6 lb test mono. On top of that, it's a good looking reel.

I'm quite sure that the anti-reverse gear in the reel (see first message) was just cleaned and lubed by the repairman. Now that the anti-reverse acted up again, it's pretty certain that it will have to be replaced instead of serviced.

I'd give 20 dollars for the reel and I will buy a new part for it and fix it myself. That way, I will know that it is fixed.

Some people can be hard on their equipment. I see lots of used baitcasters for sale and you can always read the following comment...."reel has some boat rash". This means that the reel was permanently sitting on a rod. I never let my reels sit permanently on a rod. Part of going fishing is setting up my rods for the day. This means putting a clean reel on a clean rod and tying your lure to good mono using a fresh knot. I take apart my reels regularly. I clean and lubricate them regularly. Sure they do get the occaisonal scratch (I do a lot of shore fishing in very rough conditions) but that is called "normal usage". Since they do not sit permanently on a rod, they are almost pristine in appearance. I guess that due to the fact that I do not have any money makes me appreciate what toys that I do have, a lot more.

Edited by Dabluz