new fish finder hook up

workwear

i have two batteries tied into my trolling motor....since its a 24 volt set up ...was wondering if i can just hook up my new fish finder to one of the batteries since it runs on 12 volt....or not.......im putting the new fishfinder on the bow ....

thxs guys

peter

From experience I can tell you that the trolling motor will cause electrical interferance for your finder.I tried all kinds of filters and such to no use.Just run a wire to the engine battery and you will have no problems.

vance

do you have a cranking battery to start the boat that's separate from the other 2??? if so, hook it up to that one...all my accessories are hooked up to my starting battery and the deepcycle is just for my Minkotta, would recommend good plugs with resitors if running electronics ect of the main battery...it helps to regulate a power surge when you have your fish finder and stuff on when starting the boat...costly though...about 14 bucks a piece for my boat so over 40 bucks for 3, they last a long time. see what a marina recommends for your motor if you go this route...you will have the numbers for you plugs and there will be an R in the numbers as well meaning there are resistors...for example the plugs in my Merc say...NGK-R.....BPZ8H-11

Edited by jwl

so leave the trolling motors alone.......man and i thought this would be easy....lol.....fishin wires isnt fun....but i understand......

ok off to hardware shop.....need longer wires.......

i always wonder why it takes me a few trips to complete the task at hand.....anyone else have that problem....lol....

cheers guys

i always wonder why it takes me a few trips to complete the task at hand.....anyone else have that problem....lol....

cheers guys

Yep....I have that problem...plus another one.

I always at least double or triple the time I THINK it's going to take for a job....LOL.

Plenty of 'simple' half hour jobs have taken several hours.....