balsam recently

canadianboy

anyone fished balsam lately just heading up their for five days just wondering whats hitting and on what or any report or anything. and did anyone see the video of the tornado that passed through coby man one person had 100 trees fall over and had lost two cars.

cheers

I have no idea what is going on up there for fishing. However thank you for the post, I need to remember to take my chainsaw. I am heading up to that area for the weekend to fish. Unfortunately I think I may be clearing roadways instead. Darn micro bursts up there make for a lot of work. although it also creates a lot of bass cover on the shore lines too.

From the Echo

Coboconk tornado?

Posted By Greg Hoekstra

Posted 1 day ago

Environment Canada is investigating whether a tornado touched down near Coboconk on Saturday, just south of the border between Haliburton County and the City of Kawartha Lakes.

According to reports by the Canadian Press, a visitor to the area snapped photos of a column of cloud extending downward into a tree-lined hillside near Small Shadow Lake. The incident caused no injuries but tore down a swath of trees in its path. The surrounding area was also deluged by 35 millimetres of rain and hail Saturday afternoon.

At press time Environment Canada had not confirmed whether the incident was in fact a tornado, though the agency did say there were no other reports of funnel cloud sightings anywhere in the province.

Coboconk is located approximately 35 kilometres south of Minden on Highway 35.

For an update on the story see tomorrow’s Minden Times.

tks canadianboy. I did find a youtube video of it (6 min) and it was huge! thank *** that my folks place isn't near where it hit. as for fishing that area let me know when you will be there as I might be up there too on another lake close by. I will be up for a few days this weekend and the next. are you brining a boat to where you are going or renting? PM me if you want to, cheers.

Geoff