New Gulp Alive Jerk Shad

Ummmmm....new container design....hope it doesn't leak like the other ones :lol:

Leechman

You're so right Jacques since I first bought my Gulp Leeches I have been leaving them at home because that container leaks and when the juice ends up in the boat it smells like 1000 year old fish.

$20.00 for smelly leaky juice I feel berkely should send us all a replacement leak proof container.

Its a rip off and on not one Walleye on those leeches.

You're so right Jacques since I first bought my Gulp Leeches I have been leaving them at home because that container leaks and when the juice ends up in the boat it smells like 1000 year old fish.

$20.00 for smelly leaky juice I feel berkely should send us all a replacement leak proof container.

Its a rip off and on not one Walleye on those leeches.

Mike, have you tried the 3" minnow grub in the chartreuse color??

I have a bucket and almost near the end now.... bought it in may just before opening day and caught some eyes with them. What I do is add a real leech to my jig to give it extra flavour. So far so good...been lucky.

When I ran out of grubs will use the juice and add it to the Gulp packs I have.... the ones that say x400 on them. For smallies, I use the 7" minnow worm, cherryseed.....a real killer.

Leechman

O im not going to get this, and i most likely will never get a "Gulp Alive" product again. Just thought i would share the new design as i was browsing around on the bass pro site. I already have regular Gulp jerk shad's. I just think it is kind of stupid the design. It looks like the same lid as before. Now there is just more juice to splash around and leak. As a side question, PM me anybody and tell me how the Jerk Shad works for bass. I have the solid white color in the 5inch. Not planning on getting more would just like a little info on how to properly work this bait.....if anybody has used it and does not mind.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Many pro bass guys use the jerk shad as their go to bait. They run it texas style with big hooks and cast over weeds twitching it like a hard jerk bait. If the fish are deeper, they will use a weighed 5/0 worm hook so it gets down a bit.

I have a bunch of them but am reluctant to use them because in the same situation I would probably go for a slower presentation like a senko. One day when I have more time I will try them properly.