Selling a Boat

Rizzo

So I'm seriously considering selling my boat/motor/trailer, just wondering what is required to file all the paperwork. I know for used car sales there is a package you purchase from the ministry of transportation. Is there such a package for boats? Is that a necessary step or is this not required for boats? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but this is a first for me

It will definitely be offered here first before going the kijiji route, once I 1) find out what is required and 2) get wife's permission to buy bigger boat. Some have seen the boat at past Lakair's and I'm pretty sure Lew's brother had the same boat. Just finished uploading a few pictures to the site (even that is a challenge for me...now to remember how to include them in a post!)

Find someone to buy it

Take their cash

Put their name on the ownership papers

Make out a bill of sale

Help them hook it up

wish them luck

and go buy a new boat

All the taxes and registering the boat number is up to the new owner

STEP BY STEP CANT GET ANY EASIER THAN THAT

Hey Rizzo I just bought a boat 2 months ago and here's how it worked out for me....

Went to look at the boat, all is good, paid for it and the owner gave me a bill of sale for the boat, trailer and motor (1 each). The owner keeps his own trailer plate and he's supposed to give me half of the trailer ownership document. What I mean by that is the document has two sides and one of the sides is supposed to go to the new owner when it is up for sale. You can keep that trailer plate and use it on another trailer. For the boat/motor, you just give all the documents you have to the new owner and he can take care of everything else on their own.

Let me know if you have more questions.