Where to by Minnkota Maxxum 80 + lb thrust?

Wild

Where is the best place to pick up a 80 lb thrust transom mount guys? I looked at BPS today and unfortunately they only sell 55's the guys said they won't sell them in Canada because of no demand? I could see his point but I want the power.

Or should I tandem a pair of 55's?

cabelas or BPS online and have them ship it to you

but not by UPS..never ship by UPS

UPS will hit you with broker fees..I think they spin a big prize wheel and whatever it lands on you pay

I have see the broker fees more then the cost of the product and shipping combined

oh did I mention not to us UPS

If you use UPS Expedited they don't charge a broker fee, you also get it faster and in the end, probably costs you less than going UPS basic and paying the brokerage. By the way, you can get the 80lb Maxxum at Lebaron for about $1200 and pick it up yourself.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp08/fishi...ota_terrova.pdf

Sorry, I didn't see it was a transom mount, they only have 55's.

Edited by spooner_jr

Nope I am done with UPS, besides why should I pay for shipping when I drive by BPS Vaughn every week? I did look in Le Barron and yes the same problem, they have bow mounts but no transom units.

By the way who do I smack some sense into @ Bass Pro for their assinine policy of treating the Canadian store like a US outcast operation? Keep your US catalogs in the US and print some with Canadian prices, this goes for their web site as well BPS! There is enough customer traffic to support some proper effort.

Mike, redneck? yea haha <_<

I haven't gotten to this stage yet...

2000hp.jpg

Guest skeeter99

any marina or tackle shop should be able to order you one that is how I got mine, I think the bass pro guy who said there is no demand for them does not know his ass from a hole in the ground 80# thrust is pretty standard for most bass boats these days and most guys upgrade to this when they purchase a new boat

Edited by skeeter99

I will have a chat with the fellas in the states concerning this. This motor would only be temporary anyways until I mount one of our own 15 hp electric motors onto a lower unit.

But just the same, bow mounts no prob, transom mounts above 55 forget it.

Cool thanks Outdoorguy this looks like a good alternative to the local stores. I don't mind purchasing outside of ON as long as they are customer service friendly.

I also found a Minn kota repair dealer real close so I will ask some questions tomorrow.