Insect repellent??

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Has anyone every heard of putting bounce(softener) in your pocket?? Even better, if it works, rub it all over you. Better than having chemicals on your skin! Apparently its supposed to work?

Well i have not heard of that one,but i heard an old timer up north once say that rubbing lemon juice from raw lemons on your skin really does work, :canadian::glare: im sure if you were to google that there would probly be thousands of homemade potions & ways to keep them buggers away !!!!!! but hey at least you will smell good,but hey johnny why then do they say not to use fancy smelling shammpoo,and aftershave,and stuff like that before you go into the bush ??? :glare::dunno: you would think that might accually attract them right ???? lets hear what everyone has to say !!!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

they are....can be..... more trouble then insects lol

Hey, I wasn't bashing ya. In fact, since mulling over your post I ran outside to get real sweaty, poured fish juice on my clothes and disconnected the water.

Bounce works....heard from golfers that bugs did not bother them while on the golf course. Another recipy that is a little more lethal and works for sure.....and that one was given to me from a good friend of mine and he knew someone that worked as a forestry warden up deep in the bush in Quebec.....here it goes:

1 block of camphre "camphor" (chopped finely)

1 tube 200ml of sun screen that is water proof

1 bottle of Deep Woods or Muskoil

Mix all ingredients into a glass container not plastic.

Camphre or camphor is something that my mom would attach to my t-shirt during winter when I had the flu. Similar to vicks but a lot stonger.

Leechman