Wadsworth Lake Bancroft Area

mike hagan

:Gonefishing: Hello All.

Will be heading up to Wadsworth lake this week and was woundering if anyone else has fished this lake.

I'm trying to find out the fish spieces of this lake and all I know is it holds bass. :dunno:

Does anyone have any more info.

Would be appricated.

Being such a small lake don't expect a lot ,but anything would do.

Thanks in advance. :)

go to www.bancroftontario.com, or just click HERE! then click on the "Lake Info" link down the left-hand side. You will see all the lakes in the area, can click on each one, and get some info. Notably, Wadsworth has no write-up...could it be 'cause the fishing isn't so hot? or could it be that it's SOOOOO good they're trying to downplay it a bit? :whistling: Good luck either way...lots of good lakes in the area!

I pretty much grew up on the lake as my parents used to vacation there every summer from when I was an infant until well into my teens. I returned last year for a visit and a quick fish.

There are Largies and Smallies, and if I remember my childhood, limited cats and lakers in the deeper areas. But fishing isn't the greatest.

Best bet is to go to the public beach early, walk to the drop off and toss out a minnow or worm under a bobber. Bass I caught last year had worms in it.

Test your luck. But expect it to be slow. You can try the Madawaska River, govt launch in Combermere.

I have fished it several times,and its fair fishing for bass,caught mostly small largies,i know that it doesnt take to long to fish it,but you will get a few medium sized bass,thats all we ever caught i also know residents in the area that have lived there for 30+ yrs,and they say fish other lakes instead,its kinda a waste of a day,but if you do fish it,let us know how you do good-luck !!!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Well we will be spending the week there, I'm a little discouraged now. :(

Was hopping it would be a good lake for fishing.

Oh well I will just have to bring more beer. :clapping:

If the fishings not that great will have to load up the boat and try another lake close by.

Will post pics when I get back ,

once again thank you for the info. :Gonefishing: