Bow light wiring HELP!

nancur373

From your pic it looks like ya got 2 bulbs. If only 2 wires one has to be positive and one negative. If one lite working you can switch the bulbs around to see if both bulbs are good. If both bulbs lite up in the currently working socket maybe you got some corrsion in there.

From your pic it looks like ya got 2 bulbs. If only 2 wires one has to be positive and one negative. If one lite working you can switch the bulbs around to see if both bulbs are good. If both bulbs lite up in the currently working socket maybe you got some corrsion in there.

No I bought new one. a combined unit as the one on her had a busted lens and bulb. This one I bought has two wires comming out. But the old ones were joined together and hooked to the live and the negative was grounded to the boat. I think it may be a switch problem.

No I bought new one. a combined unit as the one on her had a busted lens and bulb. This one I bought has two wires comming out. But the old ones were joined together and hooked to the live and the negative was grounded to the boat. I think it may be a switch problem.

Where is the pic?

I am pretty sure that stuff is not supposed to be grounded to the boat. Get it fixed up right pronto.

one hot, one ground: If you get power to one bulb the only reason that the other bulb is not lighting up is due to a defective unit or an unseated bulb. Take it back and exchange it.

forrest

Edited by forrest

Where is the pic?

I am pretty sure that stuff is not supposed to be grounded to the boat. Get it fixed up right pronto.

one hot, one ground: If you get power to one bulb the only reason that the other bulb is not lighting up is due to a defective unit or an unseated bulb. Take it back and exchange it.

forrest

If I hook each end to a battery post only the green comes on. Even if I switch wires. Maybe bad bulb??

If I hook each end to a battery post only the green comes on. Even if I switch wires. Maybe bad bulb??

Everyone is right on this one.

-bad bulb

-corrosion

-bad wire

-loose connection

Since it is a new unit all are likely suspects. Further hands on inspection is required.

forrest

Wish I lived close to ya. I would give ya such a slap upside the head.LOL J/K

Head to CTC or Wally World and get the right one. Cheap investment to redo.

Now lets work on that added live well you,ll be asking about. :whistling::wallbash:

Wish I lived close to ya. I would give ya such a slap upside the head.LOL J/K

Head to CTC or Wally World and get the right one. Cheap investment to redo.

Now lets work on that added live well you,ll be asking about. :whistling::wallbash:

got the right one now. Out of the 10 dollar bin...lol. And as for the livewell....well that'll be a little later.

well, glad you got that figured out...most electrical for boat accessories is pretty easy...all the negatives(blacks) all go together to the battery...all the possitives(reds) all go together to the battery...anything with an on and off switch should generally have a fuse...you can get a little fuse panel kit from marina..or put all inline fuses..most stuff only requires a 15amp fuse.

Edited by jwl