Strke King Bleeding bait Spinner bait?

Angler16

My dad was talking to one of his buddys who is a bass fanatic.His buddy gave us the lure in the tittle and said he catches 208498475765 bass on it. Sittin in my dads box right no cant wait for it to plunge into the water! anyone used it?

Thanks

-Little Angler

They're a well made spinnerbait, that features red wire and red hooks...the idea is that the red looks like blood in the water.

I like Strike King spinnerbaits but wouldn't pay extra to get the red wire etc.

red is the first colour to disappear in the colour spectrum... making the hook invisible, or so we are supposed to believe.. I have yet to do any research on this... but are the claims of red being the first to disappear infact true?

G

"red is the first colour to disappear in the colour spectrum... making the hook invisible, or so we are supposed to believe.. I have yet to do any research on this... but are the claims of red being the first to disappear infact true?"

I have actually heard different, i've heard that red is supposed to be the first color a fish can see!

Either way, Strike King makes a quality spinnerbait...you won't be dissappointed!

Guest skeeter99

actually red in the water turns black

any divers on this site can vouch for this cause I have seen red underwater and it aint red it is black

and those strike king spinnerbaits are made of very low quality components (but charge a premium price)

in fact all strike king baits have quality and durability issues

Edited by skeeter99

red is the first colour to disappear in the colour spectrum... making the hook invisible, or so we are supposed to believe.. I have yet to do any research on this... but are the claims of red being the first to disappear infact true?

G

Red just looks black once there's a sufficient absence of light. There are a lot of claims that it disappears at anything from 10' - 30' but i haven't tested it personally. I believe it depends more on the water clarity and the ability of sunlight to penetrate that determines the depth at which it goes black. The scientists will talk about about wavelengths etc and then they lose me. But I know from my dive experiences that it's true. Red turns black as you descend in the water column. Shining a light on it can bring out the red again.

So I'm a tad skeptical about all these claims of red making line invisible or making hooks look like blood. All I've seen underwater is that red becomes black in the absence of a strong light source.

JF

My red PP line still looks red in the water. Most of my trailer hooks for my spinnerbaits are the red Gamus, I bought for the same "bleeding" quality. Can't determine if it has contributed to more strikes or not, as I don't see a major difference with other coloured trailers. The red "bleeds" of the trailers pretty quickly though, in turn making them hooks silver :lol:

G

Red being the first color in the visible spectrum to disappear (diffracted) from underwater is correct.

But that wouldn't make it "invisible", it'll just become black, as other here said from their diving experience.

An object is black when it absorbs all the lights, it's white when it reflects all the lights, it's red when it absorbs all the light EXCEPT red. Red light is the first color to get diffracted out of water if u go deep enough, so a normally red object receives no more red light to reflect, essentially becomes the same as a black object.

And black is definitely not invisible. In fact black is probably MORE visible, for predators under water anyway. If you look at alot of small fish, or even big fish, mammals etc that live in water, they often have white/light color underside and black/dark color upperside. Coz a underwater predator will look UP at the preys, and see the white/bright color sky as the background, and thus white/light color is actually a better camouflage while black/dark color is more visible from this angle.

Having said that... if we'r fishing in shallow water for, says, LMB, the red color probably will still appear red at shallow depth up to a certain point? And then there's the question if fish can actually distinguish different color at all? I dun really know :)