Wet bass,n

misfish

Up earlly this morning to a rain falling sky.

Checked my pm,s and there was me bud saying it was raining where he was too,but I was up and said Im on my way,rain or no rain.

Since we only had a half day, due to commitments,we hit the river once again for a quick fish.

Started working an area of the river we had not fished yet, and it didnt take long to get the first in the boat. Then it was Terrys turn to put one in the boat. It was a decent 3 pounder.

Continued working the edges and number two came for me .A skimmpy 2 pounder. Kept pitch,n and flippn then another for MOI(Thats my french for the day B) ) Then Terry hit three in a row,landing one and snapping off,or being bitt,n off the next two. Cross over to the other side(north) and I get a zingger. Great fight,big splash,thought it was a beast of a bucket,but turned out to be about a 8 pound dogfish. Nastey thing with big chompers. I reached down for one try at getting the hook out,but he tried to attack me :w00t: so I just broke off the hook. No thanks,dont want anything to do with that.

Continued on and yet another on the black/red tail slammer. This bait was doing a great job for me today. I added a small bullet wieght to the line today and seem to be the ticket.I like a suddel drop with this bait,but changing up worked.

A bit of a slow time for about a half hour,so we book it up a piece to a spot we both like and it was the move to make as we both were getting into some fish. As always,we were having some good digs at each other. Terry broke off on two fish. I said man what up,you never do this. He explains the line is 15 years old.LOL

I could not believe this was happening. I find this nice lay down,throw once, quick tug ,pull, miss. Quickly pitch it back and tic tic haul back and snip. I got bit off aswell.It had to be a dog fish. They seem to like the same areas as them buckets. :huh:

The sky started to open up again with that wet sunshine,but there was no giving in to mother nature.

Terry and I just keep tossing away.

Once we were both soaked and feeling like drowned rats,we headed in.

We were talking about the thread,"how many bass in an hour", and well today it was ,8 landed (this I know as I caught 5 of them,no we dont get competitive out there ;):jerry::lol: ),6 missed,4 break offs, from 6:30 am til 12 noon.

Just a comment about some finding on the river today.

The carp seem to be done with the die off out there. There is still some remains of carcusses. Seen one dead bullhead and one rockbass.

There also seems to be some kind of fungus growing on the water and anywhere else that the carp have been laying up against. Looked almost like floating cottage cheese.

One thing I also noticed is the bass that are deeper in the river(furthest from the lake)seem to be very skinny and look like they are not feeding. Maybe lack of bait fish do to the carp kill. The bass we caught closer to the lake were much more healthier looking and had a bit of a pot on them.

Anyhoo thats my non pic report. My hands are starting to get thir normal tight skin look. Boy did they look like a pair that did dishes for about 6 hours.I wont tell you what Terry looked like,ok I will.Anyone ever watch the rasins that dance and sing on that commercial.LOL

Thanks again bud for an entertaining outing,enjoy yer yearly trip at Shining Tree. :clapping::canadian: .

great report, makes one feel they were there..LOL

I think my camera would have got water logged if we brought it out......

I got wet in places I didn't know I could get wet....

but it was a fun day on the water.....

and that white fungus was nasty, whatever it was

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like another great day on the river(besides the rain). 15 year line? I change my line at least 3 times a season!! Alex had a bad batch of line too. He lost at least 3 jig and pigs. They would fall off when he wasn't even using them! Right in the water.lol

Those dogfish are great scrappers and they have very sharp teeth. When I was young I had no net so I lipped one, And my fingers got cut up pretty good, but I landed him!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'll be looking for those slammers next time I am at BPS. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like another great day on the river(besides the rain). 15 year line? I change my line at least 3 times a season!! Alex had a bad batch of line too. He lost at least 3 jig and pigs. They would fall off when he wasn't even using them! Right in the water.lol

I'll be looking for those slammers next time I am at BPS. Thanks for sharing.

It was a dig Johnny. LOL

As for the rain,we laughed it up as if it were a tourney,we would of been out there anyways. :clapping::Gonefishing:

As for the Slammers,you can order right from his site.

strikezone tournament baits

Edited by misfish