Canoe Trip Suggestions Needed

JerseyDog

I am planning a canoe trip for next week that I managed to get together at the last minute and I'd love some help picking a route.

I am looking for a pretty easy 3-4 day trip so that we can spend a lot of time fishing, and I am hoping for some ideas based on trips you may have done in the past. I am not trolling for your secret fishing spots, just a little bit of direction so I can get things planned/booked since I am running out of time.

Thanks so much for any ideas you might have.

if your going during the week check out Massassauga Provincial Park. Lots of nice routes, sites, and the fishing is good.

you might have a hard time reserving a spot there on the weekend, but you never know...

check out ontarioparks.com

I'm assuming your looking for something north, But if not the mid grand river is nice and easy for canoeing. I have canoed it from Belwood to Erie and that takes about 7 days in average summer flow. There is too much portaging over dams and dragging the canoe over shallow spots in the upper stretches, and to much paddleing through big brown seas in the lower stretches. But 3-4 days would be perfect for about Conestogo- Brantford. In that stretch there are plenty of smallmouth, suckers, carp, pike, and the odd walleye.