Gloucester Pool Sat July 12th.

BillM

Oldman and I hit the Maclean lake launch at 4:45am on Sat morning and made our way into Gloucester Pool. Launch is about 10 mins from my parents place so it's extremely convenient. We are slowly putting together a milkrun, week after week we try a different spot that looks good on the chartplotter and depending on the results, add it to the list of 'hot spots'. We've pretty much figured out a pattern, which doesn't make much sense but it seems to be working :) Hit up spot #1, landed a couple of small fish, but nothing to even break the camera out over.. End of spot #1 something missed my Zara Spook and left a big swirl... One cast back and it didn't miss, unfortunately it look leader and all. It was big... I am guessing a big pike, easily over 15lbs, but I only saw it's back and it was thick!!!

5 mins later I see my spook float to the surface..w00t!!! Big smile came over my face as I scooped it up with my rod tip. I am not even going to mention the word musky, cause if it was I'll be ticked!

Hit spot #2 and immediately my dad got into a 3lb+ fish.. Then the heavens opened up and the rain came down in sheets.. Dawned the rain gear and kept at it.. I had a miss by a decent fish, then dad landed a nice pike about 5lbs right behind the boat. About 30mins later the rain stopped I landed one about 3-4lbs, and we continued on this spot, turned around and gave it another go. In about 19ft of water with decent weeds, a big old girl with a fat belly decided she was hungry and ate my spook. Almost a twin to the nice fish my dad picked up early, bit with a bigger belly came un just over 4lbs. :) All in all we caught about 10-15 or so, kept 4 + the pike.

GloucesterPool002.jpg

GloucesterPool003.jpg

And one from last week.. notice the weather was a bit better, lol

GloucesterPool001.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Gloucester is a great lake but it is probably the busiest lake I have ever been on! You have to work hard for your fish. looks like you guys did OK! Thanks for sharing.

I have very fond memories of Gloucester Pool. I used to spend a week each summer up at O'Hara's. It was the only place that we ever caught gar pike, the kids didn't want to go swimming after seeing them.