who fishes with waders?

modny

Another thing to consider when purchasing waders is to look into the warranty. My first higher end waders were the Bare Blackwaters. Very comfortable waders but they leaked every year. Bare has a lifetime warranty so I would return them every year and get a brand new pair. Some COs only have one year. All waders will leak eventually so find a brand that will cover the repairs or replace.

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. Look into purchasing from LL bean. They have an amazing warranty policy.

I also own simms g3 and I believe they have lifetime warranty as well. Haven't had to send them back yet so I don't know what their customer service is like.

I bought my waders cuz the water levels on the Lake here was so low a couple of years back(before i moved up here permanently)i had to drag my uncles boat through the shallows before i could even begin to use oars /paddles to get to deepr water. I thought at the time it was a bit extravagent...even though they only cost me $39 from W-Mart. However i left them at my uncles when we returned to England, and they were waiting for me there when we eventually moved here. I am so gladi bought them....i take them in the truck when putting small 12' boats into hard to access lakes, i use them to get my boat out when i'm on my own, i use them when i'm doing work on the shoreline, i've been very glad to have them just recently when un-sinking my boat, they are excellent when i'm in our small foresty bit clearing downed trees as you dont get soaked, i have not used them to fish yet, but i'm sure the opportunity will arise one day .........BUY SOME!!!!!

I got stern neoprenes, with a nice set of Hodgmans Wading boots...well worth every penny

I seriously have not EVER been overly Hot in them even in the summer months, although mine are not Snug on me either, so they hang open enough to breath above the water line, and anything below the water line generaly stays comfortably cool, be it 1 degree water or 70 degrees.

The nice thing about Neoprene is the versatility...you can use 'em all year round, and are more durable them other materials, and easily Patched I might add if you have an accident.

All I'll say is this...

Good luck with a set of cheapies in November or May LOL...you'll freeze your you know what off

i'm looking into a set with a lifetime warranty. buy it once, buy it for life.

simms G# sounds good. i'm not really a fan of the neoprene ones, the remind me of pajamas and i could imagein them being tight and restrictive/clunky