CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! HOME SICK[tips please]

Hey everyone well its just about time for the annual fishing trip with my family!16 days left, countin down. Some of you might remember I'm in a little competition with mike the bass fisher(i think thats his user name) something like that anyways. I cant wait just feels like home up there.Staying at promised land camp. Usually i'd be pumped to see Frank and Claire(if some of you know them). But I'm sad to say that they have sold it. I have heard pretty good things about the new couple that own it. Alright so i was just wondering if anyone had and tips for fishing the south shore of Nipissing near wades landing,around that area. And if you could tell me some good spots if not its kool i understand, many people wont give out their spots lol.

Thanks in advance

L.A

I hope some guys familiar with the area PM you a few places and tactics to get on some fish.I was soooo ate up with fishing when I was your age and I know the feeling.What are you targeting?Bass,Walleye,Pike or Muskie?Best of luck on your trip and take some pics!

Joe

I know a little bit of the area you are fishing in ;) are you in a boat? do you have a GPS with a hydrographic map?

Look for reefs and other drop offs, Nipissing Jig and a worm will be the ticket to getting into some walters, Cast it out and use a slow jig and retrieve.. repeat.

If you are catching dink perch you will not be cacthing walleye.. so move to another spot...

if you have access to a map hit up Gull Islands... again looking for reefs.

These are hardly secret spots, hell the charters fish them... just a general area to perhaps catch a few.

Hopefully Bernie will see this and chime in.. He pretty much lives VERY close to where you will be fishing. I should add Mike01 lives in the vicinity as well and perhaps could offer you and you're family a few more tips/

Good luck to you, take alot of pictures and I look forward to you're report upon you're return!

G

Edited by Gerritt

How far out does your map go? The Waltonian reef has been producing a good amount of fish at sun-up and sun-down. Like Garritt said, reefs, points, and flats with deeper water close by are a pretty good bet.