Apparently big dirty carp like blue crocodile spoons...

MuddyWater

i went chucking some spoons off the pier for some smallies but i guess the school wasnt in my range or something. then i notice this big black thing following my spoon and bam huge hit. first thing i was thinking is this is one retarded chinny in this warm water then after about 80 feet of line i saw the big orange brown creature and it was a big carp around 20lbs. i landed that beast and began casting again then all the sudden my line just started screaming and it was another carp about 15lb hit the dam spoon!!! i cant believe it 2 carp on a blue and silver crocodile spoon!!! has anybody ever experienced this before? im new to this one lol heres a pic of the first hawg! this is something for you carpers to think abou when you cant get them to bite or something lol.

bigcarp.jpg

my very first and biggest carp to date was caught on an original floating rapala in the perch pattern... it was hooked in the mouth... the fish was in the 40LB range too...

40lbCarp.jpg

i realize now i shouldn't have been holding the fish by the gills, but i was young at the time and didn't know any better... the fish did swim away just fine though...

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! I have heard of incidental catches on crank baits, and I have personally hooked a few on grubs, but 2 carps back to back? Unheard of!!! They must be starving over there!