Mikwam flyin report part 2

fishnsled

Go here for part one.

Here’s a few more shots in no particular order.

Boatsanddock.jpg

BlueFlowers.jpg

Frog1.jpg

FlowersonStump.jpg

Danonthedeck.jpg

Butterflyprofile.jpg

Butterflyinthesand2.jpg

Busywoodpecker.jpg

lookingnorthonMikwam.jpg

Mossontrees.jpg

MossonTreeCU.jpg

Lowanglepencils.jpg

Fugus2.jpg

Frog2.jpg

Rabbit.jpg

OuthouseFungus.jpg

Multiplebutterflies.jpg

wholesnake.jpg

Snake1.jpg

WaitingforthePlane.jpg

scenicbwatcabin.jpg

Simonreading.jpg

And from Dan's camera.

pencilreedsv2.jpg

ToadInGrass.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Sunsetv2.jpg

Snakev2.jpg

Readyforbugs.jpg

PencilReedsinSunsetLight.jpg

Pathtobeach.jpg

MikwamLake360.jpg

Fungus.jpg

Dockv2.jpg

Dock.jpg

CabinPan.jpg

Butterflyv4.jpg

BeachandCabinPan.jpg

And the gang.

2008FishingPartyMembers.jpg

Edited by fishnsled

SWEET report Will! Looked like a bug-filled amazing time up there. Congrats on the PB Pike too!

One of these days Bly and I will do a fly in somewhere...maybe for our 10th anniversary....

Thanks for putting the report together!

You'll find more than a few folks who believe 40 inch pike to be 20 pounders.... when the average is about 16. It's not unheard of for a long skinny fish of 43 to be around the 16 mark either. I wouldn't be put off with either number for your PB... 43 inches is a great fish no matter what.

You must have made it into Magiskan cause I'm pretty certain I recognize one of the photos as being the end of that lake where you'd come in.

Mikwam is a pretty great little corner of the Cochrane District. Scenic. Thanks for the report.

Ya see many sturgeon on the trip or no???

Readyforbugs.jpg

Cool...fishing and a fencing tournament!! So, how does that work exactly? Does each competitor stand in their own boat? Or does one board the other. Does the winner take the other persons boat and fish? Details....we want details.

You'll find more than a few folks who believe 40 inch pike to be 20 pounders.... when the average is about 16. It's not unheard of for a long skinny fish of 43 to be around the 16 mark either. I wouldn't be put off with either number for your PB... 43 inches is a great fish no matter what.

You must have made it into Magiskan cause I'm pretty certain I recognize one of the photos as being the end of that lake where you'd come in.

Mikwam is a pretty great little corner of the Cochrane District. Scenic. Thanks for the report.

Ya see many sturgeon on the trip or no???

Hey Moosebunk - Didn't see any Sturgeon on our trip this year. I'm certainly not put off by the size of my pike at all, it was a sweet fish. :D I don't get a chance to fish for northerns very often but the muskies I've caught around that size have been in the high teens low 20's. We had a musky a few years ago that was 43" and weighed in at 23.5 pounds. Is there typically a big difference between northerns and muskies in weight for the same lenght? Time of year certainly plays a big difference and that is why I chalked it up to a post spawn female. :dunno:

Some of those pictures are just amazing.

Can you see the rabbit :lol:

I "borrowed" one of the sunset pics.

Joey

For the first time I can see the rabbit!! LOL! Now that's an oldie. No problem in "borrowing" the sunset either.

Cool...fishing and a fencing tournament!! So, how does that work exactly? Does each competitor stand in their own boat? Or does one board the other. Does the winner take the other persons boat and fish? Details....we want details.

We are still working out the rules and such but are hoping to have it as an olympic event in 2012. :P