Grandsons First Fish

superdad

July 1,2008 will be a day that my Grandson AJ will remember when he gets older as he was able to land his first fish. Fishing with his Dad, Grandad and Great-Grandad in Thompson Cove a fish was hooked and the rod passed to AJ.

0701AB_Fightingthefish-Closeup.jpg

He was concentrating on reeling in the fish.

His Dad was coaching him and giving encouragement.

0701AC_Fightingfirstfish.jpg

Finally the fish came to the net and we brought it over the side, everyone was happy and the cameras clicked like crazy.

IMG_0791.JPG

As I took the hook out, AJ got close and the fish flipped in my hand and kinda grazed his chin, he wasn't too imressed with the fish flapping on his face.

We took a picture of the three generations.

0701AA_AJsFirstFish.jpg

We only fished for an hour, we didn't want to test the little guys patience. and we landed another walleye shortly thereafter.

July 2nd was a chance for the three guys to getout and try again. Thompson Cove was good the day before so we headed there again and we weren't disappointed. We fished for four hours and landed 13 walleyes, three sheepies and lost a big pike at the net. We had a great day......

0702AA_DaysCatch.jpg

To conclude the story of AJ's fishing, we took him down to the dock the next day with an ice fishing rod (more his size), a bobber and a hook with some worms. Fishing off the dock he was able to land a dozen or fifteen perch, several rock bass and a sunfish. This was a lot of fun too.

I think we have started AJ on a fishing expedition for his chapter.

Everyone had a great time.

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Love these reports!! Wow...most kids land a sunfish or a perch from a dock as their first fish...way to set the bar high for him!! LOL.

That's a great looking walleye, but seeing the pic of dad helping him, the one of him ah-ing and oh-ing over the fish and the smile on his face are absolutely priceless.

Thanks for the report...

Oh yeah...the other fish are nice too....haha.