Quick Sparrow Lake report

Peps

Quick report Sparrow Lake Sunday flippin pads in a bay on the south east side of the lake.

we were hammering largies nothing big but fun for my nephew (by the way he out fished us all). we continued for a while till my nephew hooked into a large bowfin (the largest i've seen) and after bringing that in we took a break for lunch and to get out of the sun for a bit.

After lunch we headed to Deep Bay wich is supposed to hold smallies (i'm sure it does but i just can't seem to find them on this lake never caught a smallie on Sparrow) so no smallies to be found but we continue catching little largies, and my nephew lost a pike at the boat.

all in all a great day, and best of all my nephew had a blast (this was his first time in a boat and not fishing a stocked trout pond) and can't wait till next time :thumbsup_anim:

here are a couple of pics

my bro and nephew

fishing.jpg

again

fishing1.jpg

my nephew

fishing2.jpg

againfishing3.jpg

hope you enjoyed

Peps

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report. There are a lot of dogfish in that lake as there is a lot of channel cats. I do good on top waters in that area for bass. I got skunked the 2nd and 3rd time I visited that lake, but now I know it better. I recall catching smallies but nothing big. But they are in there because I have hooked some big ones before bass opener. Thanks for sharing.