Rippin' bucktails

Reef Runner

A beautiful weekend at the cottage: Good weather, friends from Michigan came up for a few days, family, and of course... :Gonefishing:

All though it was a free fishing weekend, no liscence required, I couldn't convince our US friends to come out with me. My brother was too busy setting up the satellite for UFC and a little warn from taking care of 10 week old, soon to be lady killer, Bradley, my nephew.

fish006.jpg

At least some families were taking advantage of this weekend's past opportunities

fish001.jpg

First time I seen a family of Loons, with little ones in tow. Pretty cool.

I was determined to stay away from the pike and bass and try to catch me some walleye this weekend. Spent all day Saturday ripping a chartruse bucktail jig in weeds. Managed these on the ultra light with 8 pound mono. Actually, it was the rod and reel set I got from the "Fishing for Tyler" auction through this board. Good fight on the UL.

fish003.jpg

fish004.jpg

Needless to say, the walleye were not meant to be. :wacko: You know, some people have a hrad time with Musky, others with pike, my #1 hardest species to catch is those pesky pickereyes. Dang tried near everything in the book, just gotta keep at it.

I needed a different species in the boat, just for peace of mind. As soon as this guys hit, I was satisfied and packed it in.

The almighty WGSF!!!

fish005.jpg

Until the next adventure,

reefrunner

Nice report ... i was also out on sat ... we must be at different ends of the lake because i never seen the pontoon boat .. My g/f got her first fish casting and it was also a bass .. we got a few pike but it was a pretty slow day for us.

Guest Johnny Bass

Pickerel are one of the most elusive fish because they are mostly active in the night time. You have to practically drop the lure on their heads to wake them up!Looks like you still caught some fish and had a great time.

I have still yet to catch my first bucktail pickerel, but next time I am at my confidence spot, I will give it a try.

Thanks for sharing.