grand river report

sash

headed to brant park again for more canoeing/fishing , since i used my cousin as a guinea pig on the 1st adventure i decided it was suitable for my girlfriend.

1st day we put in at brant park and headed down to cockshutt bridge, 1st adventure was catching carp in the park. I landed one 1st then my gf got on board with her 1st also before we decided to move on.

SSPX0142.jpg

we then tried at the bottom of the swifts and came into some small bass, we played with them for a while before we dedcided to move on and finish our trip.

SSPX0151.jpg

the next day we went to the bottom of the dam to try our luck before we headed to do the fun glen morris to paris run, when we got to the dam there were a few people fishing but the only thing being caught was bottom. as we started to rig up another couple came to fish, we started chatting and comparing notes with what our gf's will and won't do when it comes to fishing and we both decided that our gf's will always outfish us if we keep baiting and unhoooking for them.lol

well his gf and him put on a clinic and i was sittting front row, he was nice enough to let me use his minnow net and before i knew it i had a good amount of minnows for our trip and while i was gone he was unhooking my gf's fish too...i bet he never caught a fish while i was gone.lol

we then did the shuttle and then put in and hit the rapids, we fished the bottom of each rapid and used the same pattern as we learned at the dam from the couple that put on the clinic.......well as we sat at the bottom of one productive rapid i watched my gf put on a clininc of her own, i would say she had a fish on about 40% of her casts and everytime another canoe or kayak came by and asked how the fishing was i would just say watch her rod and she always pulled a fish in as people paddled by.

this was her best of the day and her pb smallie, well i guess so since this is her 1st time fishing off hard water.

SSPX0145.jpg

we then hit the take out lifted the canoe up the stairs ,unloaded the gear out of the boat and just as we were about to load it into the car we came to the scary realization that the keys to our 2nd vehicle were in the glove box of the 1st car 20km away. DOH

well i saw an outfitter loading up a ton of canoes and thought maybe they had another run coming down from the put in before dark and i could pay for a shuttle up, turned out he didn't have another trip coming down from glen morris and didn't offer a shuttle since they only do guided trips, however this guy was so nice and gave me a ride back to my car. i can only hope an OFC'er takes a guided trip and tells him the guy who left his keys sent me.

thanks to lunaticadventures.com it was an awesome trip.

here she is with her best day fishing on soft water

SSPX0149.jpg

Edited by al lee