What was your 1st Car?

danbo

Man. I remember when those came out. A couple of my friends got 'em. They were in my NSHO one of the niftiest cars Detroit ever produced. There've been faster, fancier and prettier cars, but the Z28s were just plain cool. They could be drag raced or road raced almost decently right outa the box without spending an arm and a leg. Of course, I was 23 at the time. They may not make such an impression on me now in my doddering decrepit years. I loved those cars. Some of them came box stock with just about the prettiest sounding exhaust outside of a Ferrari.

JF

Yeah ... I havent thought about it for a lot of years ... but I did love that car ... I was about 20 when I bought it ... for $3000 ... I felt like I had bought a house ... you just reminded me about the little stinger exhaust ... it definitely sounded as good as it felt and the throw between first and third was about a quarter inch .. so you needed to give her a little kick off the start just to be sure :)

<p>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by camillj

Yeah ... I havent thought about it for a lot of years ... but I did love that car ... I was about 20 when I bought it ... for $3000 ... I felt like I had bought a house ... you just reminded me about the little stinger exhaust ... it definitely sounded as good as it felt and the throw between first and third was about a quarter inch .. so you needed to give her a little kick off the start just to be sure :)

<p>

Those were the days, my friend. I drove mostly sporty cars but apparently I had a pretty good feel with a clutch so some of the guys used to appoint me designated driver with their muscle cars for match races. The best of both worlds for me. All the fun with no investment. Surprising how much easier it was to power shift someone else's money. I particularly liked the feel of those chevy 4 ways. Chrysler's weren't any fun at all. :clapping:

JF