Outdoors knives? (NF)

danbo

What are some of your most useful choices in knives? Mine are:

Sog 6" Gov-Tac fixed blade.

Victorinox Hunter folding.

Kershaw Echo 4" fixed recurve.

Kershaw BlackHorse II 3.75" folder clip-blade.

012.JPG

01.jpg

My most useful knife...................is the one in my left pants pocket...........a 3 inch Gerber. Can do many jobs with it.

Other than that, a quality fillet knife, skinning knife, hunting knife, butchering knives of many different designs for specific purposes, and my personal favorite(but extremely dangerous), a Kershaw double edged divers knife. I have used that knife on fish, deer, moose, partridge, etc. etc.

My 2nd favorite, is the Kershaw multiblade knife, comes with a standard "buck" style drop point knife blade, a filleting blade, and a saw blade. Have used that knife on probably every deer we ever shot, and a few moose also.

My most useful knife...................is the one in my left pants pocket...........a 3 inch Gerber. Can do many jobs with it.

Other than that, a quality fillet knife, skinning knife, hunting knife, butchering knives of many different designs for specific purposes, and my personal favorite(but extremely dangerous), a Kershaw double edged divers knife. I have used that knife on fish, deer, moose, partridge, etc. etc.

My 2nd favorite, is the Kershaw multiblade knife, comes with a standard "buck" style drop point knife blade, a filleting blade, and a saw blade. Have used that knife on probably every deer we ever shot, and a few moose also.

I used to have one of the Kershaw multiblade knives, but I dunno what happened to it.

Uhh Ohh, you got it bad.............just like me 20 yrs. ago. I loved(still do)knives, bought way to many of them, even bought a "rambo" style one made by Kershaw. I saw it, had to buy it. The whole kit, fishing line with hooks in the handle, matches, compass on the butt end, etc. etc. :lol: :lol:

Yep..the movie "Jeremiah Johnston" did it for me! I was a 17 year old Junior Ranger up in Geraldton when we went "into town" to see it at the theatre! "Did ya ever skin a Grizz, pilgrim?"

There are so many great knife makers now! Bark River & Fallkniven are two of the best!!

Yep..the movie "Jeremiah Johnston" did it for me! I was a 17 year old Junior Ranger up in Geraldton when we went "into town" to see it at the theatre! "Did ya ever skin a Grizz, pilgrim?"

There are so many great knife makers now! Bark River & Fallkniven are two of the best!!

No movie really did it for me, just like knives.

Will Geer, he was perfect for that movie. He had the right voice and demeanor for his acting role.

I was also a Junior Ranger, way, way back in 1976, Killbear Provincial Park.

Geraldton had a "theater" back then???????????????? :lol:

1973 at WildGoose Lake camp..best summer of my life. 10 day canoe trip on the Abimissagi R. up to O'Sullivan. I found a spot where I caught a pickerel on every cast! Started using my worst lures to see if there's any they wouldn't take! Damn. I can hear that big single-engine Otter coming in now!.... great memories..

These are my sheath knives:

DSC01285.jpg

Top is Spec Plus machete (very heavy duty)

2nd right is a Matton Edge custom (it was gifted to me by my BIL and is fer lookin at only)

3rd right is the USMC issue K-bar that my Pops carried in Vietnam (it's pretty much for just lookin at too)

Bottom right is a Parker&Sons

2nd left is a Spec Plus Bowie

3rd left is an Explorer Survivor 2 (Rambo survival)

Bottom left is a Spec Plus Air Force survival

What do you do when you need a knife and don't have one???

Yer up Chocolate Creek without a popsicle stick!!!

Thats never happened to me Glen, always have some kind of knife, be it a pocket knife, or box cutter on me.

And outdoors, usually have 3 knives, minimum.

Thats never happened to me Glen, always have some kind of knife, be it a pocket knife, or box cutter on me.

And outdoors, usually have 3 knives, minimum.

It doesn't happen to me either Tom, but is the reason people are always asking me to borrow my knife (they know I always have one or more on me)... and I don't really like to loan out my knives, not even for a minute! ;)

Yessiree..you can never have too many tools! Of course what ever Duct Tape doesn't fix, a hammer will!! :whistling:

Don't forget the WD-40 Dan'l!

If it moves and shouldn't... duct tape!

If it doesn't move and should... WD-40!

... and I have as many hammers as I do knives! :)

Edited by Greencoachdog

Pocket knife, 12 oz. hammer, and duct tape?????????????

Kinda of a cure all for lots of problems, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohh, forgot about Electrical Tape, be it black or white. Solves many problems, ties up loose ends, insulates possible problems, and...............if you dislocate your pinky finger while fishing for salmon on the north shore of Lake Superior, 2 hrs. away from any hospital, put your hand in the cold water for a few minutes until its completely numb, then re-locate your digit. Wrap in electrical tape, and your good to go :lol:

Edited by tjsa

Pocket knife, 12 oz. hammer, and duct tape?????????????

Kinda of a cure all for lots of problems, :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the hell you gonna do with a 12 oz. hammer???... drive a thumbtack?

My lightest is a 16 oz. "trim" hammer, going up to the 32 oz ball peen... unless you count the 8 and 10 lb. sledges. ;)

What the hell you gonna do with a 12 oz. hammer???... drive a thumbtack?

My lightest is a 16 oz. "trim" hammer, going up to the 32 oz ball peen... unless you count the 8 and 10 lb. sledges. ;)

Sounds like he's gettin' ready for Lakair to me Glen............. :unsure: