Lake Weslemkoon Report

sunfish

The family and I headed up about 2pm and arrive about 5:30pm. I don't even have time to unpack because the kids are extremely eager to get out on the lake.

The sun was going down and the kids had a great time catching numerous of pan fish.

Next morning is Bass opener. Kids can hardly wait. I wake up at 4:30am walk out of my room and both the kids are wide awake waiting to go fishing... :lol: So we get out on the lake about 5-5:30 after some breakfast.

My son Jaren shortly after catches his first bass of the year.

P6280113.jpg

Well daddy had to get some action, not a minute later...

P6280115-1.jpg

After that, fished the same location with no more luck. About 8ish the rain started to come down. So we decided to call it a day until the rain stopped. The rain kept up till about 1pm or so. Grandpa and I decided to sneak out for a couple of hours with out the kids.

Found a great little area of fish, lots of weeds, structure, rock etc. It was beautiful. Snag about 6 largemouth in about 1 hours ranging from 2.5 - 3.5 lbs.

All and all a great weekend at the cottage.

Here are a few more pics.

P6280118.jpg

P6280129.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time. I love Weslemkoon, I've been going up there for 15 years. It's given me countless wonderful memories just like yours. I actually caught my PB largemouth out of there a few years ago. What part of the lake were are you on?

Awesome report Sunfish! It's great to see you out there with your kids....seeing them smile at every fish, no matter how big makes it all worth it. When my little is fishing and catching, I don't even care if my line is even in the water! Great pics and report....can't wait to read the next one.

Sounds like you had a great time. I love Weslemkoon, I've been going up there for 15 years. It's given me countless wonderful memories just like yours. I actually caught my PB largemouth out of there a few years ago. What part of the lake were are you on?

NOt sure what part of the lake we were on. All over pretty much. Fishing by islands and bays. Most of the larger fish we caught that weekend was in the southern part of the lake. Took me about 1/2 hour using the little tinner we had.

We are thinking of making it an annual event.

Cheers!

Guest Johnny Bass

Its great to see the boys enjoying our favorite pass time. I heard opener on Weslemkoon was very slow this year. So you did pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics, always good to see the kids smiling. It didn't rain up there, I was on Gin so I know. The lake just got tipped upside down on our heads. As for the opener not being that good? I know the lake right beside were on fire with the bass. Must have come over via the creeks.