Monday report

keram

The morning was very nice, but short lived. When we hit the water around 6:30 , heavy clouds started rolling in from the north and after about half an hour sun has dissapeared.

med_gallery_186_422_84861.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_87664.jpg

Bass is open so I've started casting spinnerbait. After few casts I got something, but small - 10" crappie :o

Changed to 3" "five of diamonds", five min later another 10" crappie :o:o

Now HJ12, Finally something bigger - 23-25" pike, little bit later another one same size and then..... you've guessed - 10" crappie :o:o:o Next catch few min later make me laugh. 6" crappie on HJ12, and this was an "acrobat" - back treble in the mouth, front one embeded in tail :dunno: . I was soooo surprised that I've forgot about picture. Water was calm, so I've started tossing spook. 20 min and nothing. Decided to change lure again, when the spook was about 10 yards from the boat, I've started reeling in, and what do you know, this chunky bass hit it 3' from the boat (21"/3lb 9oz)

med_gallery_186_422_90305.jpg

New techniques for the spook - reel it fast in straight line :D

Let's try for walleye. Juicy worm on inline spinner. They did not cooperate, but yhis one did (30"/5lb 7oz)

med_gallery_186_422_55446.jpg

We've drifted to the shore to streach legs little bit, but we had to leave in a hurry because of this

med_gallery_186_422_84379.jpg

Later we've landed few more pikes and LMB, but small ones.

Traditionaly two pikes and crappies as a reward for their effort were invited for fish fry contest

med_gallery_186_422_116125.jpg

Edited by keram

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a very productive day to me, topped off with a nice fish fry! Thanks for sharing.

oh and "New techniques for the spook - reel it fast in straight line" works also very well for Musky! Just pause it for a bit when you reach near the boat.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Sounds like a very productive day to me, topped off with a nice fish fry! Thanks for sharing.

oh and "New techniques for the spook - reel it fast in straight line" works also very well for Musky! Just pause it for a bit when you reach near the boat.

Thanks for the tip JB. I will try this next time on "muskie waters"