Canvas bag zipper problem

bassjnkie

Some shoe repair shops will do this, but rates are high, like $1 / inch. Give it a try yourself, and you will see that the price is a bargain. I can remember Ma, back when folks still made clothes, cursing the zipper install.

Now, I always look for YKK zippers. They are good and they last.

Daniel,

I think the best thing to do would probably be finding another bag for your baits. The cost of doing an alteration on all the zippers would triple the cost of the bag itself. Is it really worth it ????

Good Luck !!!

Ya, got some price quotes today, WOW!!! I called the company that makes the bag, I will have a replacement early next week, no questions asked and no charge to me.

For the broken bag, I think I will add some velcro instead of the zipper, and use it as a second bait bag. I won't toss it, costs $150.

Thanks for the advice guys, its appriciated.

Daniel

OCH

Daniel,

I think the best thing to do would probably be finding another bag for your baits. The cost of doing an alteration on all the zippers would triple the cost of the bag itself. Is it really worth it ????

Good Luck !!!

Now there's part of societies problem fill the dumps rather than fix it, especially at the price he paid initially. Your local dry cleaners is another spot to check. Some of the attendants do that work right in the shop.

Now there's part of societies problem fill the dumps rather than fix it, especially at the price he paid initially. Your local dry cleaners is another spot to check. Some of the attendants do that work right in the shop.

Who said anything about throwing away the old bag ?????

Keep it for a duffle bag or something....

Now theres the problem with society today....Everybody jumps to conclusions before giving anybody a chance to make good..... :P

Cheers !!

Who said anything about throwing away the old bag ?????

Keep it for a duffle bag or something....

Now theres the problem with society today....Everybody jumps to conclusions before giving anybody a chance to make good..... :P

Cheers !!

Well I didn't say that you said to throw it away, just lots of folks would junk it before they made the effort to repair it. Matter of fact, my 35 year old Kenmore is slowly dying, keeping my eye out for another old beater to make easy repairs. :thumbsup_anim: