Navionics Great Lakes Map

Stoty

Hey everyone,

Since my boat is at the cottage, I dont have a way of checking if Sand Lake (just north of Kingston) is on my chip.

If its not, is there anyway to download it?

I have a Lowrance 522iGPS.

Thanks,

*Stoty

Never fished Sand Lake, but I do fish a lake just south of it called Troy Lake that has some huge bass (<-- avatar) and lots of 3-4lb pike! I don't think it has public access though.

Sand is on the Rideau Canal system though, and that waterway is world renowned partly for its fishing. I paddled from Kingston to Ottawa a few years ago and couldn't believe the number of pike we saw/caught. Also saw a few dead pike with nice sized walleye hanging out of their mouths, I guess they bit off more than they could chew.

Good luck on Sand, let us know how it turns out, I may venture up there sometime if you report good things! ;)

• 3 months later...
Can any1 tell me if great lakes include Lake Ontario.thx

The Great Lakes chip has Erie, Huron, Superior, Simcoe, St. Clair, Michigan, G-Bay etc but not Lake Ontario. For Lake Ontario you have to upgrade the the "Greatest Lake" chip. ;)

It is possible to play around with software programs so that you can scan paper maps, photos, images, drawings and program them into your GPS. One program in particular is OziExplorer. You need at least 2 gps coordinates on the paper map or photo so that the program can "snap" the image into it's program. Then you can convert this image into the format that your GPS is using. The easiest GPS's to use are Garmins. Most of the freeware and mapping programs to do this task is for Garmin gps systems. There are even people who will give you free maps and if they do not have them, they will make one for free for you.

If you think about it, a GPS screen is only a blank page containing millions of coordinates. If you can get an image on this page and if you can snap it in place with already known coordinates on the image, all the other coordinates will line up.

Guest skeeter99

well if you get the 901 gold navionics east great lakes it has g bay, huron, st clair. erie ,ontario, st lawrence past montreal the trent severn warterway, simcoe

Can any1 tell me if great lakes include Lake Ontario.thx

Navionics Great Lakes Chip SD-14XG has the following

Entire Great Lakes, St Lawrence and the Canadian Maritimes, including Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, Lake Champlain, Trent Severn Waterway, Ottawa River, Rideau Waterway and the Finger Lakes.

Lake Ontario (eastern basin) is covered in Navionics HotMaps Premium 2008 chip EAST. Here is the site that shows ALL the lakes on this chip. If you scroll down to the NY section and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the NY section it is the 3rd last lake listed as Ontario (Eastern Basin).

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/...avionics08.html

Edited by Billy Bob