Speed River?

kemper

Well I am a newly accepted student of the University of Guelph, and of course before anything else happens my first priority is to find the local fishing holes.

My residence is about a 12 minute walk from the speed river, so somebody please please please tell me that there is fish in there?

And a bonus goes to the first person that tells me there is a run of steelhead!

Little bit of everything in the Speed, Kemper.

Now, I haven't fished it much up your way, but downstream towards Cambridge I hunt Smallies, Largemouth and Pike( oh, and Carp ). Panfish are everywhere, too, remember. Wading is what I do mostly so just google map around for some access points and enjoy.

I usually just float with worms, myself, but in-line spinners seem to call out the bass pretty nicely too.

Thanks guys, im getting excited seeing at the fishing opportunities around my new place.

Speed river, guelph lake, belwood (or is it belmont) lake.

Im sure my folks will understand if I fail because I fish all day....

or not.

trophy brown trout fishery right there on the Grand near Fergus. catch and release - barbless only

check out Troutfitters in Fergus for lots of good info.

excellent for fly fishing!

I spent 4 years in Guelph at the U. I lived directly across from the river on Raymond St. Never fished it myself, its pretty grungy looking, but did see a few ppl there in my time. If I were you I would head out to Guelph Lake, not a very impressive lake but I've heard there are some decent bass/pike in there.

Also if you have a vehicle, the forks of the Credit isn't too far away, and there was a post on here not too long ago about it having a decent trout fishery, its also a pretty nice place to go for a little hike.