Tips for the Nottawasaga??

Hillrat

I just started a new job in Alliston about 2min away from the Nottawasaga River and was wondering what type of fish I might find in there? I am planning on wading in at Hwy 89. Thank you in advance for your help.

We were all newbies at one time...why not help the guy as I know tons of guys on this board fish the notty ..and the sections around hwy 89 are heavily fished.

Fall is your best bet, the river gets a heavy run of Salmon in late september and Steelhead in October...float fishing for them with roe or worms produces best....you can also chuck spoons / spinners in most of the river as it is pretty wide and deep throughout that area....look for slow running pools and S bends....fish 1-2 days after a rain when the weather cools down for best results...... you will almost always see people fishing the river in the fall, which will help you figure out which pools hold the most fish from watching others....check the regs as the notty has some new restrictions this year as well as different closing dates in different area's, but some of the best spots are open all year around!!! jsut put in some leg work, as their is ALOT of fishable water ..

Hope this helps

Oh man bein callled a newbie really stings... I just came back to the board but I'm definately not a newbie lol. Thank you for the help, I will try tomorrow after work, went at lunch today but didn't really have the time to get out the waders and whatnot. I picked up a hitchhiker on 89 today and he told me there are sturgeon in there sometimes. Can anybody confirm this?...

:whistling: In the river for starts, you think I'm going to tell you the secret where they are, then I'd have to kill you, 'cause the next thing, the river would be infested....with people.

:glare: Thanks for your help ....I can pretty much narrow it down myself but it would of saved me some leg work with a little input ......the mouth and Montgomery Rapids are probably your two best bets for shore fisherman...