Major Storm!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Just got stuck in one of the worst hail downfalls I have ever seen! Larger than marble sized hails have been blanketing the area! I seen some flooding starting to occur! I've even seen what appears to be big sheets of ice at the bottom of my street!!Funnel clouds were spotted and possible tornado warnings. But I don't think the temperature has heated up enough to cause strong tornadoes.

Visibility was very low and all I hear are sirens and ambulances, so we probably had a few accidents....

Lets hope no one is out on the lake! People were stranded and were forced to stay under cover!

Have to feel REALLY sorry for our friends in the south!

Looks like it has died down, but this weather is definitely not the norm!

From early in the season, I noticed there have been massive cold fronts moving in! Which is abnormal for this time of year. June nights are usually mild to warm. They have been pretty cold.

And the amount of lightning is also abnormal. I seen a few doozies today!

Don't know how but thank goodness my garden seems to have survived!! Lets hope the farmers didn't sustain too much damage either!

Just got in from Lakair. Just as we were passing Port Perry on hwy 12, the skies opened up. Thunder shook the car as we drove along. No hail, but couldn't see for about 30 seconds...almost pulled over it was so bad. Hoped that anyone on Lake Scugog got out in time, cause it was nasty...plenty of lightning with this one.

I was in Brantford yesterday and it went from bright and sunny and in a split second suddenly it was dark and hailing on us. It didn't last long, but dang that hail was pea sized it hurt coming down. We watched it smack a dragonfly out of the air and kill it. What are the chances of that?!