Catfish in The Grand

Captain_fish

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. This is my first post. I'm a student and summer just started for me and I am planning to go for a fishing trip for Catfish in the Grand river, Ontario. I love to fish for catfish ( as i know many don't like catfish). Any one know a location around Dunnville or Brantford and would like to share with me? Thank you in advance.

P.S : I dont have a boat so any good place to fish from shore would be highly apprecicated.

And If you don't wanna share in public, please pm or email me.

thanks

Edited by Captain_fish

call 905-701-6874 Fishmasters bait and tackle. his store is located on the river, plenty of shore access to fish and a boat launch, a 2 minute run to the dam. lots of big cats caught there. i was there last wednesday and landed 5 in a couple hours. most are in spawning rite now, so lots close to shore.

downstream from caledonia, just outside town. there is a park there. walk down the trail to you reach the power lines. FLoat fish under or near them. water is safe to walk out there providing it is at normal depths that is. Oh ya i usually use worms.

Edited by charlied

Above the dam in Dunnville is a better summer time spot for cats. Are you after bullheads or channel cats? Both can be caught on the upper river. There is a public park and launch on the north side of the river just past the dam.

If it helps, I caught a couple (a bullhead and a small channel cat) on worms at the bridge on Cockshutt in Brantford yesterday.

I went to Dunnville and Caledonia today.. got a few small channel catfish at dunnville bridge. At Caledonia dam, the water flow so strong so couldn't fish any thing there. so I went back to Dunnville Dam and fish under the brigde... not too many bites but decent .. and yeah.. lost one big catfish cuz couldnt land it..we were on the bridge lol

water is fast at caledonia, i usually toss out a big as chunk of weight with a glob of cut bait or liver on it

worms like a charm

last time i think my last cast landed right ontop of the fishes head, because i moved to a new spot, close to this old guy, the fish immediately hit it and started running. the guy was like " F**K me, i've been here all day and caught nothing"

it was howls

• 2 weeks later...