Lake Erie Bows

After a long period of making tackle for everyone else to catch fish with I finally got to hit my favorite port. The fishing has just turned on in Port Glasgow and I took 2 of my favorite fishing Buds out for a quick shake down yesterday. We ran a six rod spread 3/ riggers 3/ Deeper Divers. The rigger setups were all different both out side riggers were set at 22' using my Nitro 2400 Emerald Shiners on the main and Red Hot 2400 Purple Haze on the sliders. The center rigger was set 8' down with a 2400 Blue Berry Slurpee back 100'. The divers were Walker 82mm units using the glow bottoms. Both were back only 40' one with a 2400 Emerald shiner the other with a 2400 Hot Pants both had a few rips the center diver was a 65mm unit back 100' with a Nitro 2800 Watoosie and only had one sniff. The fish are up high. We went 4/5 but some of the Charter Captains using my stuff had more than 12 to the boat. We got a late start yesterday. Most of the fish caught yesterday by myself and others were caught in the top 14' on smaller spoons if you have not fished this area of Lake Erie for big Bows and walleye you should plan on it this year. If you need more info please feel free to send me a PM I will post a picture from my web site of one of the fish we took yesterday, it is an average catch for Lake Erie. There are days when 40 hook ups are not uncommon. :canadian:

glasgow3_1.jpg

That is my friend Mark I thought some of you might get a kick out of that photo :thumbsup_anim: I took some more friends today, the fishing was slow for us east of the port. Fellas who went west who caught the morning bite came back with limits however. Hey I had a 50% shot at getting it right. We still went 2/4 and had a blast. We'll get 'em next time. Pretty much the same set-up as Friday. The fishing is getting super good!! Walleye are now starting to show up good numbers caught today by guys fishing the bottom 5' with muffin man or purple spoons. Come on down it is a super friendly port!! :canadian:

Made it out to Port Glasgow again yesterday afternoon, fishing was red hot until the rainstorm caught up with us. Unfortunately it caught us 20 min after we started. Was still nice to get out any way. Here is a pic I took yesterday. :canadian:

Fish are still in 28-40 FOW same set ups as listed in the original post.

sm_100_0047_161.jpg

Way to go Brother!!!!! Have they started in Wheatley yet???

Chrispy!

Chrispy the fish have defnately started in Wheatley and Erieau. My feild tester the "Bag Man" has been fishing up that way. He says the fish have been moving in and out a lot at Wheatley and he usually finds them around the point close to 40 FOW. I still prefer Port Glasgow it is a small quiet Port but you only need to head out a couple miles and your on the fish. I find if you miss the fish at the other 2 ports you burn a lot more fuel finding them. If I had to compare the fishing at Port Glasgow to another port for convenience I would Pick Bluffers Park on Lake Ontario. The distance you need to travel to good fishing is comparable. Port Glasgow has 3 modest launches and lots of good guys who will tell you straight on the radio!!

• 2 weeks later...