Good boat launch at Little Lake by Barrie

ryan

• 1 month later...

Pike are the most commonly caught fish at Little Lake, but the bass are there, usually 1-2 lbs, but once in a while a 3lb comes out and once in a blue moon someone catches a 5lber. they're in the shallows on the south side of the lake, and along the weed edges throughout the lake. at least that's been my experience.

cedar park and Lawrence park have boat launchs the fishing there is not to bad i was up there last week and will be there again this saturday.

best time to fish is from 6 am to 9am after that you need to move around.

Big Carp are in the lake as are eyes but they are harder to fish for since they have droped in numbers over the years.

Pike are the number one fish for that lake and you will find more hits will come from the smaller pike since they hit just about anything that moves.

Good luck this up coming sunday

Little Lake is a great spot to pass a few hours and get into some fish. Lots of smaller bass and pike in the lake around 2 lbs or so, but there is plenty of larger fish in there as well. I have caught pike up to 12 lbs and my biggest bass was just a shade under 23", with some bigger ones seen and lost. However, those bigger fish seem to only be around in the fall. Right now you are looking at getting numbers of fish with pike maybe up to 5 lbs and bass maybe up to 3. Great lake to have some fun in.