Campbellford Fishing Report

We went camping to campbellford this weekend. After no pike at our campground we decided to take a quick drive to do a little pike fishing as we caught one pike earlier in May. Instead of the catching pike I caught two gar pike using a 1/4 Bluefox silver spinner(one on saturday one on today) and a 7' Medium heavy spinning rod with 12lb mono.These fish were loads of fun and with all the talk of these fish in the last month i thought i would share.

I have a question also:

Does anyone know why these fish have no regulations, or none that i can find at least?

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice. They are pretty good scrappers and the big ones take off like torpedoes! Pretty nice colours on those young ones too!

I've never caught one either. We used to see some pretty big ones sunning in the shallows around Beausoleil Isl. on Georgian Bay. I've heard they are really stinky though, did you notice if they had a strong smell?

I've never caught one either. We used to see some pretty big ones sunning in the shallows around Beausoleil Isl. on Georgian Bay. I've heard they are really stinky though, did you notice if they had a strong smell?

They smelled like any other fish after handeling it. Was it very bad no, just as stinky as the rest of em.

They smelled like any other fish after handeling it. Was it very bad no, just as stinky as the rest of em.

WTG! Very cool looking fish with beautiful colors/markings for sure!

You can't call'em stinky! Gotta show them some love, or they'll stop biting your lure! :whistling: