The 2007 - 2008 Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish

splashhopper

I have never heard of anyone getting sick or dying from eating fish from any body of water. Now red meat, that's another story. :o

Do you think our governments are influenced by red meat lobbyist compared to where there are no lobbyist for the fishing industry. :glare:

I'm pretty sure someone wouldn't be sick by just eating wild fish once in a while. The toxicity level in these fish aren't high enough to cause harm in a few meals ... however, if you do eat it continously/daily, it'd start building up and that'd be another story.

I have never heard of anyone getting sick or dying from eating fish from any body of water. Now red meat, that's another story. :o

Do you think our governments are influenced by red meat lobbyist compared to where there are no lobbyist for the fishing industry. :glare:

Its not that you are going to to sick, like up-chucking after eating the fish, but you will get sick from cancer from the bio-accumulation of the contaminants in your system. As well, for women of child bearing years, these build up of contaminants can lead to birth defects.

I don't think you're getting my point.

More people suffer from eating red meat than almost anything else out there. Do you see warning labels when you purchase a steak at your local butcher ? ? ?

I will bet a dozen night crawlers that eating fish from the Great Lakes will have more health benefits than a daily diet of beef.

Thousands of people suffer from harding of the arteries, heart attacks and yes cancer from eating red meat, yet no warning labels on the beef you purchase.

The Japanese people eat a LOT more seafood than Canadians or Americans and are consider more health overall. However, they are now starting to follow our bad habits and more and more fat Japanese people are seen walking the streets in Tokyo.