protecting lower unit

bassfighter

I already have a prop protector attached to my skeg and it works great, especially every blue moon I hit submerge rock on slow speed. Can't help hitting them on unfamiliar territory, even if I tried to be cautious. Few times it happens and nothing wrong with my prop.

Some people says that the skeg protector do eats some gas on high speed

Its there a way to protect the nose of the lower unit? I was hoping that there would be some kind of rubber material that we can glue on it to absorb some shock when the lower unit hit some rocks.

Any welding shop can make you a skag-guard with some washers and and 1/2 round bar...

with a sharpened leading edge you won't even know it's there until you hit something....as for speed reduction and handling and gas consumption .... trivial at best.

I used to have one on my 20 and 15 ...saved me some lower units & $$$ ...gonna have one made for my 30... should cost 'boot 40 $

:Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

Randy

Can they be easily installed & uninstalled? If it is then maybe you can consider only putting it on when you're exploring unfamiliar waters?

The minor extra cost of gas would probably be nothing compared to getting a lower end fixed right? ...